Monday, 13 April 2009

Quiet Weekend........

I hope you all had a lovely Easter, it was very quiet here at our house. He who works, was working all weekend and has indeed just left for work again, will be back here about 1am in the morning, when yours truly will be having liasons with Mr Sandman! Our youngest daughter and family along with our eldest son, all live in West Australia, so seeing them wasn't going to happen. Our eldest daughter and her family were in Queensland for the first week of the school holidays and are on the way home today and our youngest son was working all weekend too. So that gave me lots of sewing time, not a bad thing at all.




The weather here is still just gorgeous, sunny, windless days and cool nights, just so perfect for Easter and the school holidays........perfect autumn weather.


I started on my little giveaway this weekend, I'll just give you a little peek.........................


......................I'm really enjoying this and have had so much fun working out what to giveaway, I can see that I will be doing this again.


I also cut out the fabric I bought for Sam's quilt into 5.5 inch squares, I've stitched them into rows of 7, that gave me 9 rows. No photo yet, but I am going to applique large white daisy shapes randomly across the quilt top. That's as far as I have planned yet. As she is only 11 at the moment, I want her to be able to use it through her teen years, it needs to be a little 'funky', so, that's what I'm working on.......being Funky!!

Wish me luck with that one.......

3 comments:

Angela said...

Came across your blog today - I have a daughter named Lizzie... :o) Cute blog! Hope you will come visit me sometime!

Molly said...

Wish I had the computer whizness to decorate my blog half as nicely as you've done yours! Good luck on Sam's quilt....Sounds like you have a good plan!

Fiona said...

Love the fabrics you have chosen. White daisies will compliment it beautifully. Looking forward to seeing the finished item.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin