Friday, 8 May 2009

Finished!

I finished the little table runner for Mum this afternoon. I just had the binding to sew in place and as it's a lovely misty, drizzly Autumn day, I thought I would put on a DVD, sit in front of the fire and stitch. It was a lovely indulgent afternoon and I really enjoyed it.

Being a misty, dull, drizzly day, the light is atrocious for photography and the flash will just wash it out, but I think you can get the picture (sorry).


I've just quilted straight lines diagonally and outlined the stitchery, I thought that I would never get it done if I started to quilt swirls and curls!













I'm happy with it and I'm sure Mum will love it, although I can just about guarantee that it will come off the table before so much as a cup and saucer goes down!!

11 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

It's really lovely, Lizzie. I'm sure your mum will love it.

Sew Useful Designs said...

Aawwww Lizzie - it's beautiful! I love the natural hues. Sounds like you had a lovely day... I love the rain and drizzle for that - it's nice sometimes to get all cozy indoors! What DVD did you watch?

Hugs, Vikki x

Fiona said...

She will love it Lizzie it is lovely

Kim said...

Your day of quilting by the fire sounds like a luxurious and cozy day. Makes perfect sense to take advantage of a poor weather day to do some quilting.

Perhaps you need to put the first cup and saucer on that quilt so mom will use it to decorate her tea table.

Linda said...

It's lovely Lizzie, had a giggle at you comment of the cup and saucer...

Francien said...

Its very beautyful and I would do the same if I had such a lovely piece...lucky Mom...
greetings Francien.

Angela said...

Your table runner is lovely! The colors are beautiful!

Sandra @ Pepperberry and Co. said...

Awww, what a gorgeous mother's day gift! She will just love it. It's beautiful!

Karen said...

Very pretty! A wonderful Mother's Day gift.

Roseanne said...

your mum will love the table runner . My mum loves home made Items. But I did not get time to make any think this year for mothers day...

bysarah said...

Absolutely Beautiful Table Runner!
(I just stopped by from the kitchen swap blogroll.)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin