Saturday, 16 May 2009

A Lesson Learnt.....

A few days ago I had a little accident involving my arm and a hot stove. What I did exactly was hit the inside of my wrist on the edge of the fire door of the wood stove, and yes it was quite nasty. But it was one of those things that hurt like hell for a while, then was just something to whinge about to anyone that would listen basically. I put a dressing on it because it rubbed on my clothes and you know what burns are like, annoying. Anyway to cut a long story short, I ended up at the old Doc's because my arm is now badly infected. Seems that I didn't think about how deep it was and that it had soot in it.
The moral of this story is:
Even if we think we are 'grown ups', we should still treat anything we do to ourselves as if it's one of the kids!!
If it was one of my four or a grandchild, the least would have been a trip to the chemist if not the doctors to "just have it checked". Because I'm 'grown up' I just brushed it aside. Won't do that again. I should just about have finished the barrage of antibiotics and such by the time I head off for W.A.

14 comments:

CabbageQuilts said...

Ouch, that sounds very painful. I agree, we 'grown ups' do tend to brush things aside. I hope it heals very quickly for you now you are on antibiotics. xo

Shiree said...

Hi Lizzie,
that sounds incredibly uncomfortable to say the least, once you get on those antibiotics you should be right, I am soooo jealous of your trip to Perth, my youngest daughter lives there, and even 'tho she was home in March, it still seems like absolutely ages since I have seen her. OOPS just remembered I was goign to phone her today...

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Oh dear, hope your arm will be better soon. I'm soclumsy with oven doors, irons etc. so I always keep lavender essential oil in the kitchen. It takes away the sting 's and is cleansing.And it works wonders on insect bites too.

The Faerie Queen said...

Hope your arm is healing. I too use lavender and calandula cream (made from marigolds) which has great healing properties. xxx

broderie said...

If i could, i would send you a bunch of 'lizzie's' to help make it better, poor you!!!! Take care.

Julie said...

Ouch! Hope it heals up quick.

Maree said...

take care...sounds nasty...hope you heal quickly for your trip...
cheers

Francien said...

Well..there was a lessons learned then...you wont do that again...hope it heals fast for you without pain,burns take always such a long time to heal...take care!! Have a nice weekend!!
greetings Francien.

Lurline said...

Oh, Lizzie - what a terrible accident - you really must look after that burn - listen to Mother now, because I do know! The pain is not nice!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Kim said...

I wish this was a one time accident, but because I have a wood burner in my kitchen I have the scars to prove how often I fill it and that sometimes I lose track of my body parts while doing so. My daughter bought me hot pad gloves that go up to my elbows so I can't burn my arms on the regular oven. I really think I just can't bend down as far to clear the hot edges. Hope your infection clears quickly, I know how it hurts. Poor girl!!

Bernadette said...

Ouch hope it's better soon Lizzie!

Sandra @ Pepperberry and Co. said...

That's such great advice, Lizzie. I'm so sorry about your arm. I really hope it gets better soon so that you can craft away without that annoying pain. xx

Sew Useful Designs said...

Aaaaaawwwwwww Lizzie (hugs)... that's no good at all. How are you now? Even a little burn can be incredibly painful. Big hugs. x
Hope you are on the mend and free of pain really soon.

Love and hugs
Vikki x

Sweet P said...

Ouch! I hope you arm is better soon.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin