Tuesday, 12 May 2009

Reasons we buy fabric.....

Yesterday while vacuming the floor of my workroom (yes, it is carpeted and I hate it, but I'm stuck with it) I made a discovery that ruined my planned day of sewing - mouse droppings - eeeehhhhh yyuk!! Now I'm not squeamish really, but of course once you find it, it has to go - NOW!! We are having a bit of a plague here in Victoria so I'm told, well everyone you talk to has a mouse story, it's the drought, it's the floods up north. I even heard one person say the fires had driven them down here!! Really, I don't care how they got here I just want them gone!
So everything had to get moved and cleaned, containers that live under the table, cupboards emptied and cleaned, bookshelves, desk.. well, you get the idea. During this cleaning frenzy I found lots of things that I had forgotten about - as you do.....
In with some quilting stencils I found this little treasure, you've probably seen it before, it was obviously doing the rounds a few (probably 15) years ago and I know I had it pinned on the wall for a while. So after reading Fiona's post this morning and her mention of my wicked ways, I thought I would share this with you.
So ladies I give you my 8 good reasons for buying more fabric, I know it says 9 but I don't agree with #5, I'm taking mine with me!




So there it is.

Oh yes, I didn't find a mouse but I dare it to venture into my super clean, organised and rodent proof room now, we'll see who wins this round!

7 comments:

Sandra @ Pepperberry and Co. said...

Aw, I love mice! They're such gorgeous creatures. Once you've owned one, and you know its name and its little characteristics, the world changes. I'm happy to coma 'round and rescue your one and put it in the wild!!

Nice list, too :-)

Terri said...

ha ha What a great list, and I don't blame you I don't want icky mice in my crafty stuff either.

Julie said...

Love the list.
Hate the mouse. Aren't they a pest. Isn't it amazing what you find in a good clean up.

Francien said...

I know now why I buy fabric all the time!!!I go for reason number 8..9..4...oh well all of them !!!...thank you!!..I will save it...let my DH read it..and about nr.5..I will give mine away before I do..hope to have it for a long time to come!!
greetings Francien.

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi Lizzie!

Yes, mice and rats are a problem in Victoria. I've shared my house with them before, and naively thought that there would just be one little mouse... but as I learned (after I heard little squeeking from under the kitchen flooring) that where this one there are always many more!

They are such cute little creatures, but not so cute when they're leaving you unwanted gifts in your fabric stash!!

Hugs!
Vikki x

Banaghaisge said...

And you only need to experience a Mall mouse plague to decide you NEVER would think mices are 'cute'. Urk, that smell, and them eating each other, and everything they can get their micey little teeth into.
Yuck!
You need antechinuses. I dont have mice here cos they eat them. And no smell, and they don't eat stash either. Dear little tiny kangaroo faces (with teeth like razor blades to munch meece!).
XXXX

Kim said...

Eeeeeck! Mice are such crafty little buggers - finding their way in any little space and of course it would choose your soft fabric to make it's home. I once had mice, got a cat, end of story. Also plugged up any openings where the little buggers could access the house.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin