Sunday, 17 May 2009

Sam's Quilt.....

Do you remember a few weeks ago I bought this fabric to make our eldest granddaughter a new quilt. Well this is where I'm at!
I cut all the fat quarters into squares, joined them together randomly and then cut out these daisy shapes. I have stitched them on where ever they landed so to speak, when it's been quilted I will put bright yellow yo-yo's in the centre of each white daisy.
Then I put a 2 inch border of white with pink squares in the corners, a 1 inch blue border then the final pink 6 inch border. I think I'm going to put some stitching on the white border, not flowers, perhaps words?

This is my newest project, I started this after I finished Mum's table runner. I just loved the colours of that so much that I decided that I needed a quilt in them. Then I had these big stitchery patterns that I got from
'Chestnut Junction', I had used one in my giveaway runner and another two in Mums runner, I think I have nine all together.


I think it should look really good when its finished.



Yesterday, while I was slightly incapacitated and feeling sorry for myself I made this 'Cinderberry' needle case and scissor charm (sitting in front of the telly for most of the time I might add).




I changed the pattern slightly - as you do - and put a blanket needle pad in the middle, added a bead charm on the front and was quite pleased with the finished article.
At least I didn't waste my whole day watching Lifestyle Food, a couple of DVD's and a couple of episodes of Baxter!!
Back to normal tomorrow, off to Geelong to see Mum & Dad, do a bit of shopping and pick up the terrible two for a 'Nana Hit'. Only just over a week and I get to fly to W.A. and have a huge 'Nana hit' with the famous four. Can't beat that.

9 comments:

Francien said...

Sams quilt is absolutly stunning Lizzy...I love the colors and the big flowers on it..also the needle case is super...lovely fabric too!!..hope your wristburn is better now!!
greetings Francien.

Maree said...

You have been very Productive Considering...Love your DGD Quilt & the Yo-Yo's will look Great...Lovely Needlecase too...
take care
cheers

Sandra @ Pepperberry and Co. said...

Wow! You're super productive when you're 'just sitting around feeling sorry for yourself'. When I feel like that, I do only that- sit around!! Well done on your crafty genius. That quilt is so gorgeous and that needle case is a treasure!

Sew Useful Designs said...

Gosh Lizzie,you are an inspiration to us all! Such beautiful creations especially when you have been resting-up! Will you be quilting your grandaughter's quilt yourself?

I love the needlecase! Your little touches give it something special, too!

Hugs! Vikki xx

Sweet P said...

The daisy quilt is stunning! I love the needle case and scissor charm. They are adorable and will get a lot of use I'm sure.

Karen said...

Sweet daisy quilt and I love your latest project!

Jackie said...

What a cute quilt! The flowers are wonderful and the yo-yos will be pefect!

Khris said...

Stop showing off now...love all the stitcheries....hugs Khris

Solstitches said...

I love how your needlecase and fob turned out and the table runner is fabulous.

Margaret

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin