Saturday, 2 May 2009

Willpower, whats that?

It's something I don't have any of!!
I can say this with a huge amount of confidence, I wouldn't actually say that I'm proud of the fact but it does make life easier when you just go ahead and accept the fact that you have shortcomings.........
So today I went to see the lovely Ann from Annz Material World. Now I live in a little tiny Historic village here, population 453, I'm sure that a lot of those are quilters but the lovely Ann lives just around the corner (literally). So you can see why willpower gets nipped in the bud, to have a veritable shop full of Moda just around the corner is not to be taken lightly.
Have a look at what I came home with after I left my willpower outside in the car...............
A Mountain of Jelly!
Northern Solitude
Kashmir III
Portabello Market
and a little Sweet Roll of Beach House.
Then as I was leaving I saw this....................
40 fat quarters of American Primer..............................



....love at first site, perfect for a little boy quilt. Oh my great golly gosh, what a feast for the eyes and fingers, so tactile having stacks of fabric to touch!!

So I had to have it...

...wicked aren't I??

9 comments:

Deb said...

Lizzie, enjoy your lack of willpower because if you lived in New Zealand it would be a HUGE amount to purchase your goodies. Jelly rolls here can cost up to $70.00, shocking, I am so envious of you ladies being able to have such great fabric supplies at affordable prices. Enjoy.

CabbageQuilts said...

Oh yes, I know that feeling! xo

Kathie said...

ah yes this is one I want too! I love patriotic quilts and this bundle would give me the opportunity to make a great quilt!
its on my wish list...maybe I will get a gift card for Mothers day?
Kathie

Sew Useful Designs said...

Oooh Lizzie! Wow! Those fabrics are fun just to look at, let alone play with!!

I don't have much in the way of willpower either... I think it may be a blessing in disguise that I don't live around the corner from a shop selling such glorious fabrics! I'd be working two or three jobs if I did!

Enjoy! Vikki :-)

Julie said...

Mmmmm. very nice purchases. All "have to haves" from what I can see.
You other "lack of willpower" purchases will be in the post first thing Monday, lol. Sorry couldn't resist a little teasing. I think all patchworkers have this willpower problem.

Francien said...

I love this fabric!!! wauw...you can be very proud of yourself and "your lack of willpower"I wish I had a little shop around the corner..and a big wallet..although I make no big quilts anymore ( arthritisfingers)but just little projects like wallhangings..pincushions etc... I still buy fabric, cant resist it!!You did very well,its stunning...the colours are so beautyful....enjoy!!!
I hope you dont mind me following you, like your blog very much!
greetings Francien.

Sweet P said...

Wow! That's quite a purchase! Have fun playing with the new fabrics.

Fiona said...

Yes Lizie - You are very very wicked - But that is just fine - I understand completely...... I wouldn't have been able to walk past them either........ Enjoy

Sandra @ Pepperberry and Co. said...

Oh, Lizzie! If I had a webcam it would show me crumbled on the floor, covered in drool, and dying of jealousy. I LOOOOOOOOVE your purchases- you're a lucky lady!! I'm going to check out that fabric store right now. Yum!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin