Sunday, 3 May 2009

Yes, I have done some sewing this week....

..not a lot I have to say, but I have made a start on Mum's table runner for Mothers Day. I guess I should get on with it though otherwise it will be for her birthday (December).


She just loves log cabins so I thought I would do something along those lines, the stitchings are destined to be end to end, facing down the length of the table so to speak. So they will be head to head, good gosh, that sounds like a load of gobbledegook. You will just have to wait until later in the week (or December if I don't get off the computer and stitch) to see what my minds eye sees!!


Anyway, I used the same William Morris fabric I used on the tablerunner that went to Linda (posted Friday, sorry I've been slack Linda) so it should look ok when it's finished.

Right, I'm off to stitch now, roast lamb for dinner so not much to do there, just roast and enjoy, yummy.

11 comments:

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Lizzie,
Your stitchery for your Mum is going to be precious and such a special gift.
Love your fabrics below.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Lurline said...

Pretty, pretty - your Mum will love it!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Sandra @ Pepperberry and Co. said...

What a gorgeous job you've done on that stitching! I love log cabins too, so I know she's just going to love it. xx

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

The runner is going to be beautiful. What a lovely gift.!

Francien said...

Wauw...she will be over the moon when you have it ready..from what I have seen on your blog...( spent more then a hour today and will be back after lunch)its gonna be just awesome...roasted lam....hmmm....
I would like to tell you if you have the time(I know...your a busy woman) if you would like to take a look at my other blog to..maybe thats more "up your allee"
http://francien-bulldogmeis.blogspot.com/
Have a very nice Sunday
greetings Francien.

Angela said...

Very pretty! I love your fabric choices too! Your Mum will love it!

The Faerie Queen said...

The stitchery is really beautiful. xxx

Karen said...

So sweet and the fabric is beautiful.

Terri said...

pretty I love the posies

Miss Gina Designs said...

What a wonderful gift for your mother! Wonderful stitching!!

Sew Useful Designs said...

Good morning Lizzie!

I'm sure your mum is going to be thrilled with your creation! It is looking stunning!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you better, for our FRIENDS swap! :-)

Warm wishes!
Vikki x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin