Thursday, 4 June 2009

I'm Home, Mail and Art...........




It's always good to be home again when you've been off traveling somewhere, even when it's sad to leave those you love behind, it's good to be back in your own bed with your own belongings around you while you suffer not so silently with a cold!!! Even when some inconsiderate traveller at the beginning of your journey sneezes on you and you just KNOW that it's going to end up with a sore throat, runny nose and feeling like the end is nigh!! I had a wonderful time with our daughter and son in W.A., but I had this bug for the whole week, oh well, I should be grateful that it wasn't anything else and I wasn't isolated with a face mask and delivered food!!




This photo above is my youngest daughter Sarah and her 'baby' Matthew standing along side her latest piece titled 'SIGNIFICANCE'. This is displayed at the City of Melville art show in W.A.


The dark ring you can see around the earth is actually words surrounding the planet and creating a dark layer, the words are all pertinent to the damage the earth has suffered.


I know I'm quite biased (who me?) but I thought it was amongst the best of the show!! :o)



I love the relief of the mountains, for me it makes it so tactile, although I will have to wait until she takes it home to touch. She tells me it's the first of three, so can't wait for that! Although when I left yesterday she had everything out to dabble in lino printing, so who knows what that will give birth to?

The girls did some stitching while I was there and we did some crafty things on the weekend but more of that another time.


But look.......................
......... my kitchen swap parcel came from Paula while I was away, this lovely parcel was waiting for me at the post office.


When I had torn all the wrapping paper off (as you do), these are the delights she had sent me. Once again I'm a very lucky lady.
Paula has sent me a gorgeous apron she has made with teatowels to match, this fabulous teapot and spoon in a great ceramic yellow (my colour of the moment), yummy rock chocolates, they won't last long when my cold has gone. This fabulous brown sugar bear, it's to put in with your brown sugar to stop it going hard, this silicon pinch glove, how great is that? Just right for hot plates and trays. And last but by no means least.....................


.........Paula has sent me a copy of her family cook book, how awsome is that?

Thank you so much Paula, I love it all, I'm looking forward to trying some of your recipes.
I have loved doing this kitchen swap, it's been great fun. I have two other swaps on the go, the 'FRIENDS' swap with the lovely Vikki and the Pincushion swap.
Right, now I'm off to catch up on some blog reading and hopefully, by tomorrow, I'll be back to as near to normal as I can get.

5 comments:

Francien said...

First of all thank you for your comment on my blog..i will start a ( simple) block then and show you when its finished...I hope you feel a little bit better today..you.ll live..although it doesnst feel like it now...take care.
Your daughter and grandson look gorgious!! and that painting...absolutly stunning..one could look at it for quit some time and still find something new...
and its the best "soulfood"to come home and find a parcel with goodies!!!all lovely things you received..lucky you..I am off to work now just for the morning and after that I will rush and do my own homework so I can work on my little wallhanging again..( must do the quilting by hand... pffft...)so it will be finished soon...
Taka care..dont catch a cold upon that one...lots of tea..rest...stitsching..or the other way around again..
greetings Francien.

Terri said...

Wow you made out like a bandit... I hope you had a lot of fun thank you for participating in our kitchen swap

Kim said...

Welcome home! Always nice to have a surprise waiting when you arrive. Sounds like you had a bugger of a cold, sorry. Francien is right, do what she tells you and you will feel ever so much better. Nice to know you are back. :o)

Deb said...

Lizzie, if I was you and had a beautiful and talented daughter like you(which of course I do in her own way) I would be feeling totally biased and entitled to be...

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi Lizzie!

Your daughter is a fantastic artist - WOW!!! She is also an absolutely gorgeous girl... takes after her mum eh? xx

Hugs! Vikki xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin