Tuesday, 30 June 2009

It's Quiet Again..............

So the house is mine again, quiet and gentle, no longer bouncing to the beat of Disney or Nick. No snakes of computer cords winding their way across the floor, no milk left on the bench, no hanging on to the 'fridge door while we decide what's good in there, no dogs chasing balls thrown by best friends down the length of the kitchen. None of that................and I miss them already!!
Ryan only stayed until Sunday, his beloved 'Cats' were roaring from Geelong's Skilled Stadium and even though his Dad was a little under the weather (party for a 50 yr old Scotsman complete with Pipe Band!!) they had tickets. Off they went to watch them demolish the opposing team (so I'm told).
Yesterday Caitlin decided that she wanted to make a needle case for herself after inspecting the one I made a while ago. So she chose the fabric, listened to a few instructions and off she went.....
...........she did a really good job and I forgot to take a 'finished' photo, if I remember tomorrow I will take a pic and show you.
Baking was on the agenda as well. We made this yummy 'Ginger and Apple Cake'. I just realised that I put the photos on backwards, oh well, just pretend you're reading from the back page. LOL
Very proud of her efforts.................



...........sprinkling the demerara sugar...............




This assortment of goodies made this...............







................luscious, chewy triple choc brownies. Almost sinful! But yummy!
If you want the recipe for the Ginger Cake, which is delicious served hot with vanilla ice cream, I will put it on my other blog in the next day or so.
Not tomorrow - I'm off out for lunch with youngest son and his beautiful lady, eldest daughter and her two rebels that I miss, because, wait for it.....................
..................it's my birthday!!!!!!!!!!.................
I'm going to enjoy this one because I've told them all that I'm not having one next year, not doing it, doesn't exsist, won't happen, not going there!!!
Oh well maybe if I have to. ;o)





9 comments:

Jen said...

Hello Lovey,
Looks like you had some much needed bonding time with afore-mentioned grand-daughter. Oh...will there be any brownies, or gigner apple cake left by Friday?
I trust you have a wonderful day tomorrow and recieve the adulation you justly deserve.
Hows about next year we go on "That Cruise" eh?
See you soon, xxxx

Maree said...

Happy Birthday...hope you have the Best Day...that Giner & Apple cake looks Beautiful...I'll be looking out for the recipe...Thanks.
cheers

Francien said...

Ok Lizzie, answering backwards then...lol..oh you will go there next year!!!I did not want to either..but it does.nt hurt..I know..I am 61 and 1/2...yes I count the half years too now...But thats for next year for you to ( not} worry about.....I wish you a lovely day tomorrow with lots of fun and gifts..
I will pick-up your Ginger cake recipe from your other blog..I am sure it taste heavenly and your brownies too..Caitlin must feel lucky too with a Grandma like you..she will love the memories later when she is your age or any other age you dont want to go now...lol...like 80 or so...and sure you miss them but it is not so that you have nothing to do... great new quiltbook to read and your lovely jelly rolls are waiting for you...they all will be back someday soon...they allways do...
greetings Francien.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a lovely day. The ginger cake looks really yummy!

Micki said...

Happy Birthday! Caitlin did a great job with her case! What a lucky girl to have you as a grandma.
Micki

Kim said...

But of course you must have a birthday celebration! Those baked goodies are looking so good, oh yum! Such fun to enjoy the grandkids for a few days, baking and sewing and playing all day long. Sounds fun! I was stunned to see your winter scene here at your blog, rofl, as if the entire world is in the midst of summer ya know? Just happens to be a chilly 54F here today, may as well be winter, lol, but the flowers wouldn't care for that. Hmm, what's this I hear about a possible cruise? I say go for it!! Will check back to see the completed bag ~ I just know she did a fantastic job!! I'm off to find a quilt...brrr!

Julia said...

Happy Birthday...hope you have the Best Day spoiled a little with lovely surprises.....that Giner & Apple cake looks yummy...I'll be looking out for the recipe...

CabbageQuilts said...

I'm coming to your place, those cakes look fabulous!!! Have a wonderful birthday, we will be here to cheer you on next year!!! xo

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi Lizzie! :-)

Looks like you had so much fun! Your kitchen is stunning, Lizzie! What a beautiful place to create! :-)

So it's your happy birfdee tomorrow is it?! I hope you have lots and lots of fun!

Hugs!!
Vikki xoxo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin