Monday, 27 July 2009

Background fabric..........

When I was telling you about my Civil War Bride Quilt pattern and fabric that I bought at the Quilt Fair on Thursday, I forgot to post a picture of the backing fabric.
Kathie from Inspired by Antique Quilts asked what I was going to use, so here it is. I bought the fabric that was in the quilt on display, it just works and I loved the look of it. The girls from Threadbear have it all packaged up beautifully.
It's lovely isn't it and it looks right with the colours and for the vintage.

Another little peek at the fabrics for the applique. I'm so excited, I just want to get into it but I must finish the quilts for September before I even untie the ribbons. It's all away in it's bag again now. If I look at it I just want to start, so, out of sight - out of mind!!

14 comments:

Lurline said...

So beautiful! The quilt is, too!
Hugs - Lurline♥

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

Lovely fabrics.
to put it aside is a good way to make you finish what is already started. I admire your discipline!

Kathie said...

looks like the perfect background fabric wow!
you are so disciplined, not sure I could be
maybe start with one block? I can't wait for you to start this quilt!!!! quick hurry up and finish those other quilts!
kathie

Francien said...

Yeah yeah Lizzie...i bed you looked in the bag allready again..lol...just to feel the fabric...see the colors...smell the smell of new fabric...and what a lovely fabric it is...beautyful colors..the backgroundfabric is awesome and that is going to be a gorgious quilt..."out of sight"....maybe...but "out of mind"...never!!
hugs Francien.

The Rabbit Factory said...

I see why you are excited...those fabrics speak to me too! How wonderful!

Lurline said...

Lizzie - you have convinced me! I have just phoned to order the pattern - I think I have lots of fabrics to suit! You are a Naughty Girl, lol!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Chookyblue...... said...

this bundle of fabrcis looks beautiful......

Micki said...

The civil war fabric is lovely!It is going to be a great quilt!
Micki

Linda said...

these fabrics look good enough to eat! Hi Lizzie so nice to "meet" and thanks so much for dropping by. Those biscuits on your cooking blog look delish!!!!

Janet said...

Hmm, getting tempted here, I love the fabrics and the background is lovely. I couldn't hide them, I'd be looking at them every day,

Annie said...

can't you do some multi tasking I want to start too just looking at that yummy fabric

Julie said...

Just checking out the same quilt on Lurline's blog. It is just beautiful and those fabrics will look perfect. Like I said to Luline, I hope you finish it before your 90th, it looks like a huge project but one worth doing though. I'm waiting for my kids to get a bit bigger before I tackle something like that. Have fun. Will be watching.

Cathy said...

Wow, you are so disciplined!! What gorgeous fabrics, your applique quilt will be gorgeous. xo

Karen said...

How perfect! I love the background fabric.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin