Thursday, 9 July 2009

Mail sent & received here & there.............

So where do I start?
With my mail of course!!
I was in the Summer Pin Cushion swap organized by Sandra from Quilt at Home.
This is what was waiting for me at the post office today, you will not believe how lucky I am....



........my swapee (is that a word) was the lovely Nadine from the Material Girls Quilts. Do you not LOVE my pincushion, great big blousy, pink flowers, this ladies, is destined to sit right next to my keyboard! On the cake stand that holds my newest eye candy of the moment. I shall take a photo to explain what I mean, it's my staring into space inspiration stand?? I know, sounds mad - I'll take a photo later. LOL
Nadine apologised for being late (there was no need, she's not that late) and sent me a couple of 'little' (her words) extras. A gorgeous jelly roll and charm pack of Moda 'Gypsy Rose' - see, I told you I was extremely lucky!!



AND, not finished yet, this adorable little cushion, it's just beautifully stitched (I'm never showing you my stitching again lol) and made.
Thank you Nadine, I love it all :0)


Today I received an email from Aj from here to say that she had received my parcel. Aj was the recipient of my pincushion. Sorry about the photo, not quite sure where all the rest have gone, probably floating around inside my hard drive somewhere! Anyway, Aj said she liked blue, yellow and brown, what you can't see is that the bottom of the pincushion is a little aqua blue Italian oil dipping bowl, it looked really cute with the sunflower (oil) sat in the top.




This last photo is a collage of the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. swap that I sent off this week to the lovely Vikki from Sew Useful Designs.


And yes, it is ok to show you this, I heard from Vikki this morning as she was opening it, she is posting about it tonight so she will show you all her goodies.
I have more to show you on Mum and Dads quilt and some work I've done on Sams quilt and oh yes, I started a new bag (I know, I know, I'm bad) that I want to finish to take with me to the Craft and Quilt Fair later this month. It's a lovely big bag for all the goodies I might buy!! LOL.

4 comments:

Sew Useful Designs said...

Darling Lizzie! :-)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the treasures you have created and gifted me! You are so very thoughtful and generous, and I am "feeling the love"! ;-) I am very touched, and very humbled.

Thank you, thank you, thank you sweetheart!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Speak to you soon, and much love!
Vikki xoxoxoxo

Lurline said...

So many gorgeous goodies - it certainly has been a fun swap!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Francien said...

Well that must have been a lovely swap Lizzie, all the beautiful things you have received and have sendet, I saw the absolute stunning needle case at Vikki,s blog.., that is just awesome!!yes.. you are hearing the jalous undertone and me trying to be brave and say I am happy for her....lol....but seriously ...you have done a lot of work for the swap and your pincushion from Vikki is so cute!!and the jelly roll etc...dont you just love your postman/woman???
greetings Francien.

Sue Sparks said...

Sunflowers are my favorite-beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin