Friday, 17 July 2009

My World Frozen in Time...............

WARNING: Image Overload
This morning was one of those perfect winter mornings, freezing cold, -5*C here, clear, crisp and breathtaking in it's beauty.
I ventured out, (mind picture alert) in PJs and Crocs, dressing gown pulled tight, camera in hand! Good job we live in a spot with no neighbors, just the blackbirds were watching me thank goodness. I had to go back inside for fingerless gloves otherwise I couldn't hold the camera.
A tiny catkin, left over from last year, on the Silver Birch given a little cap of frost.

I don't know whether or not you will be able to see the glint from the rising sun, perhaps if you click to enlarge?

My tree of diamonds.

Broken Home!

Icy Lace
(if you click to enlarge you can see all the magical beads of ice and moisture)




The sun is just rising over the fence and coming through the little Birches onto the verandah, what is it I read once - 'The fingers of God'!

Our little ornamental windmill looks ghostly in the freezing early morning mist.

Ice wonder.

Tiny melting drop.


Reflection of my World.


19 comments:

Maree said...

Beautiful Photo's..thanks for braving the cold to share with us...
cheers

Julia said...

Beautiful photos...you were brave going out in that cold, I would have stayed in bed!
It's been very cold here too!
Julia ♥

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi Lizzie!

I especially love the spiders web pics, just gorgeous! I love the colours and hues of winter - very much like the colours on your blogsite - blue and hazy... hmmm! :-)

Hugs! Vikki xx

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Lovely photos, Lizzie. Looks really cold! Glad we still have some summer left.

Fiona said...

Gorgeous Lizzie - Thanks for sharing

Linda said...

Terrific photo's Lizzie, my gosh you are brave to venture out in those temps in only pj's and a gown.

Kim said...

Just show to go ya, winter has it's beauty. Where's the snow? Lol, no white stuff?

Francien said...

What a wunderful pictures Lizzie...but....I dont want to read a post again that you have taken ill!!..in PJ,s and Crocks???!! are your feet and fingers allready warm again??..you are "asking"for a dripping nose again...but you are right...its breathtaking on a morning like this..could easely be pic,s from a magazine...thanks for sharing...
sorry that I missed your last post...what a lovely parcel you received...and the bag...what can I say?! Love it!!
greetings Francien.

Miriam said...

Beautiful photographs!!! They bring back memories of winter time holidays in the countryside as a child. :)

The Faerie Queen said...

Such wonderful photos, thank you for taking time to share them. xxx

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

Love those pictures, and what a lovely parcel swap you had. Vikki is such a lovely person

Rustic Tarts said...

Gorgeous photos Lizzie - it is always an ethereal effect when everything is white and icy!

Bev C said...

I just love the spiderweb photo's thanks for braving the cold to take the photo's Have a wonderful warm weekend.

Micki said...

I loved all of the photos, Lizzie. Lovely!
Micki

CabbageQuilts said...

What incredible photo's...isn't nature just amazing, I love the spider web, and the finger's of God, what a lovely explanation of the sun rays coming through. Thank you xo

Bernadette said...

Beautiful photos Lizzie of our cold snap! Now I want to go back through your blog and find all your cooking posts!hugs Bernadette

Bernadette said...

Beautiful photos Lizzie of our cold snap! Now I want to go back through your blog and find all your cooking posts!hugs Bernadette

catsmum said...

gorgeous pics - like you I LOVE taking ethereal misty shots on those freezing central vic mornings - shame about the cold that has to accompany the photography tho!

amanda said...

STUNNING photos! Thanks for sharing Lizzie, Amanda

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin