Friday, 31 July 2009

PIF for me......................

On Wednesday morning I received these beautiful gifts from Micki. I had commented on a post on her blog and became one of her Pay It Forward recipients, lucky, lucky me.

Micki made me this adorable pincushion with an embroidered kangaroo and my name on it, don't you just love the pink belly and the patches? She must have been in a debate with a bit of fencing wire! She also sent me this gorgeous wallet, I just love the colours Micki.

Thank you so much Micki, I love them all.

So here's the deal, the first three people who comment AND tell me they will participate in PIF, I will send them a handmade gift within six months. They should then offer to Pay It Forward to three other people AFTER they receive my gift. Does that sound like a fair deal? I know it's usually 12 months but I figure six is better for me, you choose your own time limit.

Please make sure I can email you for your snail address and that you are not set for no reply!

So now on to other things. Like.....................I have nearly finished Sam's quilt!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea!

I should have it finished by Sunday I think, I only have to finish the words on one side, some quilting on the last border and binding. How's that, one whole month before her birthday..........WOW. I am so pleased with it, it's looking really good. Oh yes, nearly forgot, I have to sew the Yo Yo's onto the daisies, I've made the yellow yo yo's so it's 10 mins work to sew them on when it's all finished.

I also only have the last border to put on the anniversary quilt for Mum and Dad then I can sandwich it together. I am going to do both hand and machine quilting on that so that shouldn't be a problem to finish, I have 5 weeks before their 60th Anniversary. That should be plenty of time.

SOOOOOOO, considering the amount of comments and emails about the Civil War Bride Quilt, I'm thinking I might cut out the background squares and the applique pieces for the first block!!!

Not that I have itchy fingers or anything like that you understand, it's just that I would hate to upset anyone by being sooooo disciplined that I could leave it in it's beautiful brown bag for another month!! LOL. If you believe that I'm amazed!

I know Lurline has bought the pattern too, if anyone else is doing it let me know, it would be nice to keep up with others progress. I think I will put a picture on my sidebar (I expect it to stay there until I'm old and grey or given up on the hair dye!) so you know who's doing it.

I'm off now to catch up on a few blogs and then perchance to cut!!

9 comments:

Lurline said...

Oh, this is good news - looking forward to seeing a start anyhow - I am still waiting for my pattern! I have started a little list on a piece of paper: Lizzie, Cathy, Kathie (inspired by Vintage Quilts) and me! It will be exciting to see if it grows - must check back later!
Hugs - Lurline♥

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

I Love this Idea
Put me in for this Pay It Forward game

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Love the kangeroo! The bridal quilt looks marvellous - what a project!

Sue said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Lizzie. I'm sorry I can't work out how to reply so I'm leaving a comment to let you know how pleased I am to meet you.
Hugs from Charlottes Cottage

Julia said...

Love the Kangaroo pincushion...
that CWB quilt is gorgeous, but oh so much work..so I think I'll give this one a miss.
Julia ♥

Micki said...

Glad that you loved the pincushion...I really enjoyed making it for you. Enjoy all the gifts!
Micki

Francien said...

Lovely gifts Lizzie...love the kangeroo...have you finished the two quilts yet??..you stood up early perhaps so you can cut into your lovely new fabric...its gonna be a very beautiful quilt...I tried applique onces but it is not my "cup of tea"I can only do it with the "blanketstitch" but the one you are going to make is much more difficult with the "needle turn applique"i think..Love to see the progress on your blog and Lurline,s..cant wait...no pressure there...i am not giving up on the hairdye for another 10 years at least, growing old with you I hope...guess you will be finished by then....lol...
have a nice sunday...oh i am sorry..its almost done where you are living...well. have a nice evening then..
greetings x Francien.

House of Mouse said...

Lizzie,
Love your blog...just found in on Lurline's blog. I will participate in your pay it forward. I love doing this.


Anett

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

I have just received my PIF gift from Lizzie, a beautiful bag and two choccies, both eaten now, and will be blogging it on my blog.
I will be starting my gift in the 2nd week in December, bit swamped right now, got to finish have deadlines at the moment, but not to fear, in the new year i will PIF It will be great.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin