Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Blossoms & Rainbows..........

This is how the weather has been all day today, typical Victorian spring day. I'm thankful that we don't live in Sydney and didn't have to put up with the dust storm. We spent several years living in Ouyen when the kids were little and dust storms were the norm for summer. I can vividly remember having to madly run around bringing nappies off the clothes line because a dust storm was coming. If you left them out, they would be red and gritty and have to be washed again, that wasn't always an option if water was scarce!!

Anyway, this is how it's been today, sun, rain, wind - wind, sun, rain - all day. It's quite cool today too, right now it's 10 degrees C on my verandah.
But just look how green it is!!!!!!!!! So far this September, we (here in my rain gauge) have had 85mm, for the whole of September last year we had 43mm. Just about double, and we have a week of rain forecast - yippee!!


Look at my poor pink daffodils though, bowing there little heads with the weight of all the rain.

The rain isn't really affecting my gorgeous Crab Apple, it's just sucking up all that wonderful moisture and showing off it's beautiful rain washed petals..........

......and being touched by a rainbow..........

Just beautiful.
Now the rain is back again, so I'm off to make a delicious cheese and cherry tomato pasta for dinner, yum, makes my mouth water just thinking about it.



11 comments:

Julie said...

Your garden looks very magical with the big old trees.

Rebecca said...

You lucky thing for seeing the sun today. I'm afraid it was our turn on the sunshine coast to get the dust storm yukk. Love the flower and do you make crab apple jelly, my favourite. Big Hugs
Bec

Fiona said...

Those pink daffodils are lovely.

Miriam said...

It has been rain, sun and wind here today too. Lets hope we all get plenty more rain. Your crab apple blossom is beautiful!

Margaret said...

Beautiful! It's lovely to see such springy pictures in the midst of fall here. :D We got tons of rain this spring and summer -- I think they said more than half again as much as usual or something. Our lawn and everything else went crazy!

Rumi said...

Your garden is lovely! Isn't spring grand!

Deb said...

It looks beautiful where you are. Isn't it great to have the rain? My garden, such as it is, also looks a bit sparkly wet. I love your crab apple.

Micki said...

Your garden is just lovely..I wish that I could visit it.
Micki

Karen said...

Beautiful garden photos. Isn't Spring wonderful! Everything coming to life. Things are starting to die back here. My big garden job this month is trimming the cedar hedges and other evergreens.

Francien said...

It looks like in a fairy-tale Lizzie, such wunderful pictures and it must be great were you live...looks very peacefull..quiet and not crowded....lovely!!
greetings Francien.

Sew Useful Designs said...

Oh Lizzie - reading your blog always puts a smile on my face!!

Thank you for the lovely photos - I could almost imagine Beatrix Potter walking through that wet grass and chatting to her rabbit friends!

I'll email you later!
Hugs!!!!
Vikki xoxooxox

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin