Wednesday, 21 October 2009

Oh those Boys...................

..................those Jersey Boys!

This is where we went today, the Princess Theatre in Melbourne to see the fabulous stage show 'The Jersey Boys' The story of Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons.
I'm inclined to say 'Oh What a Night' but unlike the song, for us it was 'Oh What an Afternoon'. My lovely girls gave me two tickets to the show for my birthday back in July and today was the day.
It was a wonderful show, the actors, the voices and of course the music was magical. The story was funny, sad, uplifting but most of all very entertaining. A great day and if you haven't seen it and get the chance to go...........do it, you won't regret it! My head is ringing now with .............
"Sherry, Sherry baby, won't you come out tonight............."
of course they do it sooooo much better than I do - even in my head!

I managed to get some shots of the amazing windows in the Dress Circle bar at the Princess Theatre. If you look at the exterior shot above this one, you can see the windows from the outside, the three large arched windows in the middle of the building. The sun was shining and the light coming through was wonderful.

If you look carefully at the woman second from the right, she seems to have her hand on her head! That's me trying to buy the soundtrack, I wasn't holding my head on or anything, I would have been pulling my 'specs off the top of my head so I could see what I was doing!! Anyway, eyes up. Aren't the windows fabulous?

They did such a great job restoring the old theatre a few years ago. We saw the 'Phantom' here (three times) and it wasn't hard to believe in opera phantoms wandering the stairways!!


11 comments:

PatchworkRose said...

Thankyou for the wonderful photos. The stained glass is wonderful. Even better in the bigger photos:-)
So glad you had a wonderful time.
Cheers
Lynne

Cathy said...

What a lovely afternoon you have had you lucky thing! I love stage shows, they are the makings of great memories! And what amazing windows, I think someone needs to turn them into a quilt! xo

Janet said...

Lucky you, I've never been to Melbourne so thanks for the photos, the windows are glorious.

Beth Karese said...

I'm happy you had a great time! The windows are wonderful. And the outside is spectacular. They don't make 'em like they used to!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lizzie. I so enjoy reading your blog and seeing your pictures. I am full to the brim with quilting this week as I just returned from the International quilt festival in Houston. What a wonder!
Greetings from Arizona.
Maggie

Sweet P said...

What a gorgeous theater and what a wonderful gift.

Francien said...

That brings back memories Lizzie!!...I loved Frankie Valli/the four seasons...still do and know many songs by heart...it must have bin a all great afternoon for you...( got several songs in my head now..)
and those windows...so beautiful!! after mosaic my favorite..could look at them for a long time ( Can,t take my eyes off you...to stay with the Valli songs..lol...).i love them in old churches and here in Holland there are many houses who has them..thanks for the pictures...go and blow them up so i can see more of the windows...
greetings

Sue said...

Gorgeous window pix. I admit to being more than a little envious. I'd love to see that show.

Julia said...

Great photos Lizzie..
The boys sure can sing...love those old songs.."Can't take my eyes off you." is one of my favourites..
Julia ♥

Micki said...

Oh what a lovely time you must have had. I love shows like that! The windows are out of this world, and you took wonderful pics!
Micki

Deb said...

Sounds great. Glad you had such a great afternoon. It's such a great idea for a present.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin