Thursday, 10 December 2009

The Garden & the 11th Advent gift.......

I took these photographs the other day and wanted to share them with you. The Agapanthus flowers are just getting ready to bloom and I caught these in the process, very other worldly......



This one below is an Alium, I can see it outside my window today and it's started to open now, time for another shot I think!
Gorgeous Hydrangea flowers, we have pots of them on the verandah for the summer months, big blousy flowers in beautiful pinks and blues, love them.




A perfect deep pink rose bud, just ready to burst open and show it's summer splendour...........
.............and Advent gift #16, fabulous threads and ric rac in gorgeous pastels................

............love them Fiona.
Short and sweet today, He Who Works (but is on holiday) and I are going into Geelong to do Christmas shopping. I have to finish getting gifts that have to be posted to Perth, I like to leave at least 10 days for them to get there. It takes longer than international sometimes. So I'll be back in a day or two. Oh yes, another outing tomorrow, this time to Daylesford with the Gardening group I belong to, we're going to the old Convent and then a picnic in the Botanic Gardens, more photo's I expect!

10 comments:

Miriam said...

Beautiful flower photos.

Have fun in Geelong. your day in Daylesford sounds wonderful!

Drive carefully.

Val Zdero said...

The Agapanthus flowers are just blooming on my farm - whites and blue everywhere and the garden looks great, especially with all the rains we have been getting these last few weeks in Victoria :D

susi said...

dear lizzie,it is just unbelievable to see those flowers blooming for us in europe in december,it is cold and raining the whole time in northern germany now and we are always hoping to get litte snow,but mostly we get none,but summer at chrismas time is unbelievable for us,take care and have good times down under,hugs,susi

Deb said...

gorgeous flowers. I hope Geelong gives you christmas shopping inspiration.

Micki said...

I love your flower photos and glad that you are enjoying the swap as much as I am .
I wish that I could see the flowers in person!
Micki

Janet said...

Beautiful photos Lizzie and I just love seeing the advent gifts, they are all great. I couldn't cope with the photos in the sky tower, scary.

Bobbie Ashley said...

Lizzie,

I just love the flower pics. I am green with envy for your garden. The weather here is way too, too hot, the sun eats everything here, well almost everything. I keep plugging away though and keep planting! Thanks for the photos.

Cheers,
Bobbie
www.bobbieashley.com

taylorsoutback said...

Tonight we are 10 degrees below zero here in Northern Wisconsin...what a treat to see your beautiful flowers...I just might make it to Spring in 5-6 months! Promise to keep posting more images!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

just found your blog...............love the aggie photos..........

catsmum said...

fabulous photos Lizzie - gotta love the macro button !!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin