Thursday, 18 February 2010

Petition to free Siagon..............

I don't usually do this but this is really important. Would you please go here ...............http://www.animalsaustralia.org/take_action/petitions/free-saigon/
and sign the petition so that this beautiful old girl can retire with grace and dignity???

Petition to Free Saigon, Australia's Last Circus Elephant
Saigon is Australia's last circus elephant. At 55 years of age, she is now too old to perform. Yet she is still trucked from town to town with Perry Bros Circus, spending months on end in a barren enclosure out the back of a truck, surrounded by an electric fence. Animals Australia is calling upon Perry Bros to retire Saigon from circus life and to a facility where her behavioural needs can be met, and where she can enjoy quality of life for the first time in her life, for the rest of her life. Please support our campaign to secure Saigon's release.


PLEASE...........

Thanks, I knew you all would.........................
xxx

10 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

I watched this on the news too, it's a sad life for an elephant. I'm off to sign the petition too!

Julie said...

I read about her the other day, its so sad. I think she would be happier with a set home, maybe she could come and live with us. After seeing that baby elephant on TV at the zoo I'm so in love with elephants.

Margaret said...

Done. :D I hope they don't mind someone from the US signing.

Janet said...

Gee I watched the sad story of the death of the elephant in NZ, now the other elephant is all alone, wouldn't it be nice if they could retire together. I'm off to sign this, it's the first I've heard the story.

Betweens said...

it is times like this I am not proud to be humane!! I hope that the petition is a success.. she is a beautiful matriarch and deserves her time of retirement. Hopefully the change of life will not affect her in a negative way.

Francien said...

Signed it just a few minutes ago Lizzie...no animal should be in a circus or zoo in my opinion... and Saigon should have her well earned peace now...
greetings ♥ Francien.

Torie Jayne said...

Off to sign this petition, thanks for highlighting this cause, Have a sweet day!

Khris said...

Julie emailed me before I saw your post and I have signed the petition and forwarded it onto a heap of yahoo groups I am in....hugs
Khris

Khris said...

A friend emailed me before I saw your post and I have signed the petition and forwarded it onto a heap of yahoo groups I am in....hugs
Khris

Roseanne said...

I will have to go and signe that petition.. I hate seeing animals in circus..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin