Friday, 26 February 2010

Progress.................

I've started quilting the circus quilt, I was going to use perle cotton but changed my mind at the last minute and decided to just use quilting thread.
I'm hoping that it will be reasonable quick to quilt as I want it finished and out of the way so that I can get on with finishing this one....
.....not much left to do on this but I thought that I should put it aside for a week or two while I get my pachyderms in order!! I'm loving this one, it's very gentle and summery, light and breezy.

I went out for lunch today with my friend Jen, we went to Gisborne and had a wonderful lunch and enjoyed spending the day together as we always do. We've been friends for a very long time and it's always good to get together and just be best friends!! I decided to come home the long scenic way via Woodend, Trentham, Daylesford then home. I had left my mobile phone at home on the kitchen bench and after a moment of panic when I went to ring Jen to say 'I'm here, where are you?' (I found her of course) it was quite liberating to not have it with me, I found myself stopping and having a walk around Woodend, then Daylesford. Silly I know, but a little rebel in me said that no one knew where I was so take your time. Got me thinking about what we did BEFORE mobiles?? Anyway, I had a little wander into Purl's Palace. Now I quite often go into Daylesford but I've never been to Purl's Palace before today but I can safely say that it won't be my last visit. This gorgeous wool will be a scarf before winter I hope, aren't the colours fabulous? I was wishing that I was a prolific knitter so that I could justify buying more of their amazing yarn!



Tomorrow Bec, Caitlin and I are off to see Mama Mia at Her Majesty's Theatre in Melbourne. He Who Works and I saw it years ago when the show first came to Australia, so I'm looking forward to seeing it again with a couple of the girls in my life, my eldest daughter and one of my granddaughters.

Have a great weekend everyone..............................





8 comments:

Margaret said...

I carry the phone with me --- But Never have it turned on when I am out. Gisborne, Trentham and Daylesfoird lovely places

Janet said...

Good luck with the quilting Lizzie, they'll both be fabulous, I'm looking forward t the reveal at the end. I love the noro wool, I'm a sucker for it.

Debs said...

Looking forward to the completed pachyderms ;-)

Kate said...

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a pachyderm? I am thrilled to live in the same town as Purls palace but am on a temporary ban from going in because I need to use what I have before I buy more. That yarn looks gorgeous! Enjoy mamamia, I really must book tickets. My girls would LOVE it!

Margaret said...

Oh wow! I love your circus quilt and that lovely lovely quilt you put aside too! And you hand quilt!!! Yay!!!! I must admit I'm a bit of a hand quilting snob. lol! But seeing all the machine quilted quilts, I'm starting to think maybe it's not so bad. I just wish I had the patience to finish quilting a quilt. I love to hand quilt, but I get bored easily. lol! I think the quilting thread for the circus quilt is a good choice!

Oh and that yarn!!! Yummy! I hear you on panicking when you find you don't have your cell with you. You're so right -- what did we do before cell phones? Glad you had fun!

Enjoy Mama Mia! I've only seen the movie. Too bad about Pierce Brosnan's singing. lol!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

The circus quilt is looking cute! I agree to your change of border:)
Can I put my foot in it and say I think you have a misprint? quiet please...
And I love the colours in your other quilt!

paddysdaughter said...

You came through Trentham and didn't drop in???? Sounds like a great day being lost and out of touch......

Anonymous said...

did you mean to say 'quite please' or should it say 'quiet please'
I'm just sayin'.....
love the quilt

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin