Thursday, 18 March 2010

Mary Poppins eat your heart out............

............this ones mine!!



I love this bag, I finished the embellishment yesterday..........



....isn't it gorgeous?

It was easy to make and everything was in the kit, right down to the batting. The amount of fabric, wool etc was very generous and I've probably got enough left to make another small bag which I plan on doing soon. I thought I might experiment with my own design! Should be interesting! I'll keep you informed!

I really do love working with the wool, the upholstery fabric is gorgeous but harder to work with than cotton. Not too bad though, I only broke two needles!!

My goodness, that's two things I've finished this month - WOW! That's really good for me. Tonight I'm back to quilting my sample square quilt, it's still warm and humid so I'll have to put the air conditioner on to quilt, then this weekend I'm hoping to do my February Sue Spargo block (I'd like to do it before March arrives probably next week!).

19 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

It's lovely - you are clever!

Rafael's Mum said...

It's gorgeous, really love it! You must be pleased!!

Sue-Anne said...

Your bag looks fantastic! I can't believe how fast you made it. Good to hear that the kit had plentiful supplies. Love the buttons on it too.

Rumi said...

Lovely bag. So nice that there was enough left over for another little bag!

Enga said...

wouuuu die Tasche is ja traumhaft schön und die schönen Farben.....suuuuuuper
lg Enga

Margaret said...

Oh wow!!! So beautiful! I just love it! Congratulations -- you are amazing!

Posie Patchwork said...

Beautiful work Lizzie, carry it with pride. Love Posie

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

That is GORGEOUS!!!!

kim

Meredith said...

Lovely bag. I really like the center panel. You did a nice job.

Lynne said...

Lovely bag.

DD and I cut the strips for our first quilt today (seven fat quarters) - with scissors! I need to wash more fabric so we can keep going but tomorrow I'm buying a rotary cutter!

Francien said...

Oh Lizzie...its awesome!! dont you just love that bag??!and what a lot of projects you have finished lately..and you are so quick!!....your( wunderful) room must have seen alot of you...well done all of it..super bag!!
greetings ♥ Francien.

Michele said...

Lizzie, your bag is really beautiful. Those colors are delicious! Michele

Sweet P said...

That is a gorgeous bag. Mary Poppins should be very jealous!

Karen said...

I have the Sue Spargo bag pattern in my sewing room somewhere. When I purchased the pattern, I did not realize it made such a big bag. Enjoy yours. It will hold a lot.

Kim said...

You've taken the traditional carpet bag to a new level and a much prettier one at that. Gorgeous and fun!

sue spargo said...

Well done on another finished project. I just love this bag too!
Keep creating
Sue

Kathie said...

I have always loved this bag, yes I have the pattern but havne't made it yet.
I need to collect wool for it. Maybe I should just buy a kit too, don't you love Sue's work?
yours is just so beautiful and yes I am very jealous!
Kathie

Kathie said...

where did you buy the kit from ????
Sue's website or someplace else?
thanks
kathie

prashant said...

It's gorgeous, really love it! You must be pleased!!
home based data entry

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin