Wednesday, 10 March 2010

New Look Me..............

If you're a regular visitor to my blog, you will see that I've had a wee bit of a clean up!! Understatement hey??

I decided that I wanted clean lines, lots of clear space and bigger pics, I also needed to clean up some of the clutter that was ....well, cluttering up the place!!

Don't worry, I'm not going to assault your eyeballs with giant pictures all the time, but sometimes I just wanted to be able to have a clearer picture of something without clicking on the photo (which doesn't always work for me anyway!) and having to click back again to keep reading!! I learnt how to put up larger photo's over
here, so decided to have a go and guess what?? It works!!!!

So as a sort of debut of BIG PICS here's a different view of something that fell into my shopping bag while I was at the quilt show in Ballarat on Sunday, honest it did ;0)..................



Gorgeous colours aren't they? You can see the whole roll on my new blog header (which will probably change again soon)!

These are the roses that are sat on my desk at the moment, when I brought them in the other day they were still drying out from the storms and I couldn't resist this little rain drop.

The gorgeous man (big grin) that I share my life with, otherwise known as He Who Works, worked hard last week on his days off from driving trains in the metropolis building new shelves in my sewing room.



We got rid of the trestle table that I was using as a desk and he built a long shelf right in front of my favourite window, we put ikea baskets underneath and three big, deep shelves next to the window.

Don't they look fabulous and ............full............already, honestly it took me ages to sort it out!!

The green pillow thingie that you can see just next to the basket shelves is for Miss Martha, it saves my feet which she insists on sitting on while I'm at the desk.

Do you see my little green and cream mini drawers under the window, He Who Works made those years ago during our business years, I think we've got three others in the shed still, anyway, he just painted them for me and now they contain all my pens, pencils, marking pens and bits and bobs!! Lovely..


Hmmmm, my little hand sewing corner. I put my 30's quilt on the wall, stacked some favourite things on top of my sewing box that Mum gave me - did I tell you about that? It was the first piece of furniture that Mum and Dad bought as a married couple back in 1950, the year I was born, it has a little drawer in the front and the top lifts up to store your sewing/embroidery in and it's one of my most treasured possessions now (damn the Alzheimer's).

Mum made me the pink velvet embroidered pin cushion, Dad turned the base on his lathe for her, so another treasure. The tiny quilts on the little rack I think I made way back in the early '80s, so cute.

Now when you look at this last photo, don't dwell on the grotty Billabong thong, they are my favourite summer footwear, just take notice of what's sticking through it.....................


.............scary isn't it and when I tell you that it went right BETWEEN my toes!!! How lucky was I? How lucky were my puppies that I found it and not them? How lucky that the gorgeous man didn't find it in the bottom of his foot? I would never hear the last of that one would I? AND (I know, shouldn't start a sentence with and, but it's the only thing that fits!) it's a no. 12 quilting needle!!! Tiny, tiny...phew, lucky...............
Will you let me know what you think of the large photo's? Do they take ages to load? I don't think they should really! I'm liking the clean lines, no froth, just important stuff ;0).

20 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Hi Lizzie, I love the big pics and especially love looking at other peoples sewing spaces. After recently going through a sewing room make-over I appreciate just how much time it takes. What I did discover was that even though I had more storage space I still didn't have enough room - goodness knows where I went wrong.
Have a great time in your lovely space. hugs - Miche'le

paddysdaughter said...

big pix are good, and love your sewing room, hope to see lots more good things coming out of there.

Cheers, Sue McB

Bobbie Ashley said...

Lizzie,

Love the room re-do! Don't you just love how clean and organized everything is, well for about a week anyways. Looks great, thanks for the big pics.

Blissfully Stitching,
Bobbie

susi said...

dear lizzie,what a nice sewingroom,i think i have to clean up mine too,a little ,but...prefer sewing first,i would love to have you as my neighbor,that would be nice,hugs,susi

Jeanette said...

Hi Lizzie,
love the new look sewing room. Nice to have big pics for a change. Hugs, Jeanette

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Love your sewing room.Lots of air and light. Big pics are nice - don't take longer loading.

Margaret said...

Nice post, I enjoyed the ramble through your sewing room.

Mistea said...

Love the sewing room - how nice to be able to see everything there ready to inspire the next project (or ten). The big pictures are not taking longer to post and do make reading a breeze. Delicious fabric that decided it just needed to be in your shopping bag. Thanks for sharing.

Sue-Anne said...

Your photos look great and your page loaded up really quickly (maybe because there is no background?) That fabric is beautiful. It looks like it is designed by Chez Moi. I love your sewing room and what fantastic storage you have. It puts mine to shame and I think I may have to spend the day tomorrow cleaning mine up!

Bronny said...

Thank you - I love the new layout - I want to play at a new layout on mine again (perhaps on my next hols) -Can I borrow your DH??? What a handy dandy stash-understanding man he is.
When can I come play in your room??? lol

Betweens said...

Lizzie. I love the big pictures of course you did it with gorgeous fabric what quilter wouldn't??
I love the clean up and for making me feel much better about my room I have alot of "supplies" too but it is organized supplies. I would love to sit in that room of creativeness..
as for the needles now they have found a home too.. accidents happen they have to remember that it is not intentional.

Posie Patchwork said...

Wow wee, that is awesome, how incredible, no wonder such incredible work comes out of your studio. Love everything, blog looking tip top Lizzie!! Love Posie

Margaret said...

Wonderful!!! Love the big pictures! Love the beautiful fabric roll -- I want some! lol! Love seeing your sewing room too. How lovely! You have such a nice room to yourself, and so many special items in it too. Thanks for sharing with us!

Deb said...

I love the big pictures, especially of that roll of fabric! Love seeing your sewing room. I'm right there with you on being aged sorting all the stuff out. It definitely takes time and patience sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVE the large photos!! Please keep them. What a delight touring your sewing room...keep that man around he is a treasure...I have one like that too. Looking forward to more fun pix! Kristy in Ohio

Micki said...

I love your new layout, and everything looks so pretty! I enjoyed the tour!
Micki

Riet said...

Hi LIzzie,you mentiond your blog on Soaring through the world so I thought I just would visit you. Lovely blog. I love your big foto's and they give no problems at all. Wonderful fabrics you got in your basket. Love the colours

Esther said...

Hi Lizzie,
L-o-v-e-i-t!
The pic are realy good ,clear and no need to open larger or no longer wait .

Love your sewing room it is soo nice to see your private creative room,your world in pictures is very inspirational but I do miss your Cook blog,

Thank you for sharing

Esther

Sherri said...

I love your hand-sewing corner...everything is just wonderful!

kiwicarole said...

Love your new sewing space, it looks so bright and colourful. I'd love to come and play in it!
Don't like the snake!!
:) carole

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin