Thursday, 11 March 2010

This and That...........

I said last week that I had received my second block of my Sue Spargo BoM, well this is it, gorgeous colours.....



....so rich and glowing. This time I bought the threads to match the fabric and wool, I thought that I had ordered them for the Jan block, but mustn't have. I'm glad I did this time though, the colours are all hand dyed to match and look beautiful. I haven't started it yet, I just have to get on with this first.......



..........I've nearly finished my circus challenge quilt for the local show. All the quilting is finished and I just have to do a few bits of embellishment now.



I think I'll put the binding on first, then do the other bits I want to do. The flowers I plan on putting on are 3D so I would rather have finished it first. That way I'm not twisting and turning with the binding and perhaps knocking the 3D bits around!! My gosh, I just had a look at the preview of the photo's in the large size, no hiding mistakes with those is there?? Perhaps I should tell those of you with good eyesight to squint??? LOL!



Look how sad my sunflowers are looking after the weekend of storms, I guess that's the price I pay for planting them late in the season. I want to try and start in September this year and plant them every month through to December, we'll see whether I manage it or not???



One of my all time favourite Autumn flowers, Japanese Windflowers. I only have the pale pink ones but I do like the white ones too.
Thank goodness that the weather is warming up a little this week, I was starting to get a little worried that the winter was going to be very long if the cold weather stayed around.

That's me done for today, I have to go do some sewing, only two weeks to go before the Ballan Quilt Show. Is anybody able to make it up for the Autumn Festival? It's always a good day on the Saturday with a market, rides, a parade, an art and photographic show at the council offices and of course the craft and quilt show. There are quite a lot of trading tables this year I think, that's always a good thing, isn't it??
Anyway, I've decided that I will use Julie's idea and wear a yo-yo pin on the day. So if anybody is a blogger, come say hi. I'll remind you all again just before......

8 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

The big pics really bring out the beautiful flowers! I'm a hopeless gardener, but I love seeing the beauties in other peoples gardens.:)

Bernadette said...

your quilt is looking great! I have one customers quilt finished, just Brendas to go. I like the look of your new blog and I am glad I didn't see that snake out in my garden although no doubt they are out there.

Margaret said...

Oh wow! What yummy colors and fabrics are in that Sue Spargo block! I can't wait to see it! Are the directions detailed? They must be! Love how your circus quilt is looking! Your quilting is fine -- and hand quilting is the best IMO! Lucky you going to a quilt show. I haven't been to one in forever. Maybe I'll try to go to the local one this year.... Love your flowers!

119 said...

淫亂火辣美女本土av情色視訊聊天免費色情網站性經驗色情成人影片色情視訊聊天av圖av情色情趣娃娃成人電影院淫蕩18禁色情電話情色成人網辣妹自拍台灣av女優台灣情色春宮台灣色情成人網站0401影音g點成人vcd情色影片520sex性愛圖視訊妹調情視訊美女聊天美女性交台灣性樂園成人影像走光打砲裸女寫真美女裸照露奶激突論壇情色圖片做愛線上a片做愛視訊情色成人成人交友穿幫色情a片情色全裸入鏡台灣情色網

Sue-Anne said...

The Sue Spargo kit looks gorgeous. Dying to see it made up.

Bobbie Ashley said...

Lizzie,

What beautiful flowers, they are one of my favorites too. Love the BOM, I am so tempted to look it up. Though I know if I do, then I will order it, and my to-do list is already long enough. Thanks for the eye candy.

Blissfully Stitching,
Bobbie

Beth said...

I really enjoy your blog. Itoo am working on Sue Spargo's Crimson Tweed.I'm new to working with wools and I just love them. I am also a gardener-here in Massachusetts USA the first bulbs are peeking through the garden,while you are winding down and going into autumn.I love the "aussie" spirit and creativity that comes through on the numerous blogs I regularly read.

Sue said...

Yummy projects you have on the go Lizzie and beatiful flowers even storm battered sunflowers are cheery. You don't have to worry about your stitching. It's perfection!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin