Thursday, 29 April 2010

Lucky, lucky me............

I received my bag yesterday from Jen, my partner in the 'Snickerdoodle Dreams Bag Swap


...how fabulous is this? But it doesn't stop there................


....this is what was inside! Two beautiful bundles of fat 1/8ths, a gorgeous little purse from the same bag fabric, a pin cushion, the cutest little pattern for a dollie size quilt, a lavendar eye relief bag for tired eyes (smells heavenly) and a lovely card from Jen. Thank you so much Jen, I hope you love your bag as much as I love the one you made for me!

Also in the same mail delivery was this...........


...do you get a hint from the packaging? A few weeks ago, Karen from The Selvedge Blog' had a giveaway and I was one of the two winners... Woo Hoo!!


I love the fabric from Fig Tree Quilts, Karen also sent me some very aromatic flavoured black tea (how did you know I'm a dedicated tea drinker Karen?) and two gorgeous selvedges!! Talk about over indulged, that's me I think!!!

It was really my day for packages yesterday, this arrived by courier early in the morning....


...I've always been a PC girl, for 20 years I've had Microsoft and Windows, but lately I've been really disappointed with the reliability of windows. My life quite simply has been filled with error messages, freeze outs, shut downs and 'not responding'!! So I decided to cross the floor and go over to Apple and Mac..........

We've been an iPod house since they first came out, John is on his second classic and I have a touch and we both love them, so it seemed an easy decision to buy one of the new Macbook Pro's. I ordered it last week from Apple online, they dispatched it from Sydney on Tuesday and it was here less that 24hrs later - awesome service! Now I just have to work out how I do everything??? I still have my desktop, it's not very old, and that's still windows. I'll have to keep that because I bought EQ6 a few weeks ago and of course they don't have a mac version! Such is life.....
So far I love the little macbook, it's light, quiet and quick. Any tips from long time Mac users are most welcome, I haven't quite worked out yet how to get the window to the size of the screen?? Such fun learning though.......

Now I have to get off all computers and finish my April block for GJ stitch-a-long, about 10mins and it's finished, that's tonight after Masterchef.......

16 comments:

Julie said...

MX5's and Mac, Lizzie we have so much in common! You will love your Mac, we have several.....don't ask. Hubby is a bit of a guru, a big one eyed mac man.

Sue-Anne said...

That bag is gorgeous! I love the fabric used in it.

Two of my friends have switched to Apple computers and they are so impressed with them. They both have the iphones and from what they say, everything links up with each other and all your information is there in front of you, whether its your computer or your phone. I think you are going to be very happy with your new toy.

Margaret said...

Oh oh oh!!!! Love all your stash and prizes! Puts a smile on my face! And hey, congrats on coming to the Mac side! lol! I've been using Macbooks for years. Love 'em! Even my DH (who works for Big Blue) has a Macbook. :D We still have a Windows desktop for similar reasons to you. I can always try to help with simple questions -- and if you have hard ones (like the screen thing -- hmmm, that's weird), I can ask my DH. It's worth the switch though, I promise. You're going to love being a Mac. :D

Maree: said...

Love Love the Fabrics in your Bag...your Postie Has been busy..lovely Gifts & new LT...
cheers

Karen said...

The only thing better to find in your bag would have been to have it stuffed with money! I like the fabric choice used for the bag and it's shape.

Janet said...

What a happy mail week! Love the goodies and I have to say I have the same annoying computer problems. Microsoft have a lot to answer for. I'll be really interested to see how you go.

katrien said...

What a lovely bag.And the things inside are also nice.

Deb said...

The bag is beautiful and what a wonderful week you've had for mail deliveries. I just got a MAC for Christmas (desktop) and I love, love it! So much nicer than a Windows system. Now, I'm a complete dunce when it comes to computers. I have to ask my son everything, so have no clue as to how to make your picture bigger.

Francien said...

Oh Lizzie...you lucky girl!! what a great goodies you have received,...love the bag..i am sure Jen loves your beag too..you make the most amazing ones...i dont know much about all the new computerstuff Lizzie.so I cant help you there...have a nice weekend!!..i have a day off tomorrow so the weekend starts very early for me...love it...can work on my hexagonflowers again...
greetings ♥ Francien.

Chookyblue...... said...

enjoy your new Mac........lovely bag.....

Lynne said...

Oo! A "lucky you" day indeed!

The bag is just gorgeous and look at all those goodies. Enjoy the new computer.

Kerri said...

WooHoo another one been taken by a Mac. You wont regret it. They are so easy to use. I have even taken my Mac book on holiday. Just plug my phone in and I have interent cnnection. To easy.

Love your bag. Looks great.

Cheers Kez

Pokey said...

Loved all the fabric pictures, and the purse is great, lucky you!

But, I work on a Mac, and had to say how nice for you! Larry has the 17 inch powerbook, and the one I use is the 21" G5. He says we should switch, as the "light" stuff (fluff, I think he says) I do would be easier on the laptop; his "real" stuff (okay, so he uses it for his freelance work) should be on the biggie. So, when is the switch coming? I haven't a clue.
I do like the Mac, though, congrats!
And, as you have already noted, I wish we could have some quilt programs, I don't have too much luck finding some programs I'd enjoy.

Khris said...

cute, cute, cute...love the fabric on the bag...have some of that...love it..hugs Khris

Kate said...

After about a month on your new Mac you wont look back. I swapped over in the middle of last year and I love it. I have no idea how the other computers in the house work though. Macs just seem more user friendly, more intuitive, better for us creative types. Have fun.

Sweet P said...

I've been an Apple use forever! My MacBookPro is always at my side. You'll love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin