Thursday, 1 April 2010

More of Autumn's Splendour.............

I promised to show you some more photo's of my garden this week. The colours in autumn just amaze me, each year they seem to get deeper and brighter all at the same time.............


..........There are Hawthorn trees all over the place up here, we have them numbering in the twenties I think, mostly bordering the fences...........


............Bog Sage, Blue Salvia and Red Dahlia's............


.........we cut down several very old, large trees when we first moved here and every year since we've had these gorgeous wood Fungi growing at the base of the stumps............


..........they only grow in rotting wood....


..a residence made for 'wee folk'!


I think this is Lipstick Salvia......?


Japanese Windflowers in front of Sedum Autumn Joy...


..more windflowers, they've grown very tall this year, something to do with the extra rain I guess...???


I love the little pure flowers on the Potato Vine creeper, it flowers just about continually for most of the year.....


Maidenhair Fern in all it's verdant softness......


The deepening glory of Ornamental Grape............



...sunshine through the grape leaves......


...and finally, a David Austin, I'm pretty sure it's Pat Austin. Sweet smelling and gorgeous..

We have Caitlin (granddaughter) staying this weekend so she always keeps me busy. Today we've done grocery shopping, tomorrow we're making a bag for her laptop and baking cookies (of course). I thought that we might head over to Daylesford for the Makers Market on Saturday and early Sunday morning we'll head back to Lara, pick up the rest of the family and head off to see the baby elephant (and all the other animals of course) at Melbourne Zoo. I'm looking forward to that, it's ages since I went to the zoo> Perth zoo a few years ago was my last visit!

Have a great weekend everyone, whatever you're up to......

19 comments:

Francien said...

Those pictures are breathtaking Lizzie...your a pro at that too...such lovely flowers..cant wait to see them again here too...beautiful images...
Baking cookies and making a laptopbag sounds wunderful....Caitlin will learn a lot from you..looked at your sampler squares again...its such an awesome quilt...
Seems you have a lovely Easterweekend coming up with family and the Zoo...have a wunderful time!! greetings ♥ Francien.

Lurline said...

Glorious pics, Lizzie - Happy Easter and have a fun weekend!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Jeanette said...

Just glorious Lizzie. Thansk for showing your beautiful garden. have a great Easter. Hugs, Jeanette

Cathy said...

Ahh Lizzie, I'm in awe of your garden. Those Hawthorn berries are so vivid. I'm sad cause my potato vine outside my kitchen window was blown over in a storm a little while ago, we had to hack it back so much I'm afraid it's never going to grow back. I love yours though. Have a wonderful Easter Lizzie xo

Sue-Anne said...

Your photos are amazing! Your garden and its flowers are beautiful! Have a great weekend with your grandaughter and Happy Easter.

Cindy @ Cindy's Crafty Creations said...

Thank you so much for sharing those absolutely stunning photographs of your garden. We are just starting spring here but fall is my favorite time of the year!

Sweet P said...

What gorgeous photos and what lovely landscape you have to enjoy the seasons.

Margaret said...

You have such a beautiful garden! I'm glad yours is the one with autumn growth and not mine though. I'm ready for spring! lol! enjoy your weekend with your granddaughter! And the zoo!

ohiofarmgirl said...

Your pictures are so inviting...memories of my garden from last year.
It is so muddy and cold and wet here...I do not care too much for spring when all the work begins and all the rain.
I am looking forward to fall..enjoy. Dianntha

Micki said...

What great pics! I just love your garden!
Micki

Lynne said...

Gorgeous photos, Lizzie - have a wonderful weekend.

Julia said...

Just glorious Lizzie....beautiful garden..
have a lovely Happy Easter..
Julia ♥

PatchworkRose said...

Thankyou so much for the Window into your garden. It is a delight. Just so love the rose. Have a wonderful weekend
Cheers
Lynne

Deb said...

Gorgeous photos of your garden - I especially love the windflowers and the hawthorn. Have fun with the grandkids.

Janet said...

Stunning photos, I used to grow the windflowers, I love them so much. I called them Japanese Anenomes.

el costurero de elsicat said...

Beautiful garden!!!!!!!

Abrazos

sewcolorful said...

You have a wonderful garden Lizzie. Thank you for sharing those pictures. I'm very much enjoying your blog.

Maree: said...

Hi.Just been catching up here and your photo's are just Gorgeous..
cheers

Cherry Pie said...

Just love your garden pictures, especially the hawthorn berries.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin