Tuesday, 6 April 2010

The rest of the zoo shots.............

.....or a sampling of them anyway! I took over 400 photographs, some of them inevitably were blurry, out of focus or the animal moved at the last minute. I still loaded over 350 pictures onto my computer ~ I love digital! Lol!

The new Orang-utan enclosure is an amazing playground of swings, ropes, tubes, slides and ladders that makes watching these amazing creatures hypnotic!!

This guy had come up through the opening from a lower level, swung around the outside of the glass walls and literally jumped out into mid air, grabbed the ring and swung himself down to the lower level again...!!!
I had my camera on motor drive but still had 5 blurry shots of a very fast moving, swinging primate, the hand was the only one remotely clear!!

Now I can't tell you what family this one is from but I'm sure he could make a wonderful poster boy for Gillette??

This guy was wandering around the zoo all day reminding everyone that the Orang-utans are endangered..............
...and to boycott foods that contain palm oil (more in the next post).
A serious bit of felting in the little fellow isn't there..??


Lowland Gorilla's, please remember to recycle your mobile phones and save their habitat!!


That's a serious pout happening there.....


The bamboo in the rainforest area's of the zoo is amazing. Tall, straight and strong, wonderful play of light filtering down too!!


The boy's got the right idea me thinks ;o) Myself, Bec and Ryan all took photo's all day, some are the same shots but most have a subtle difference! Same scene, different eye!!


These guys (there are three adult males) had just been fed so were content to sit and eat while we immortalised them......


Say hello to Mary the Wombat, she didn't let anything disturb her beauty sleep, but then she had a rough start to life............
Mary was orphaned at a very, very young age and was being cared for and raised in a wildlife rescue home. The rescue centre was burnt to the ground during the Black Saturday fires in '09 and she was relocated to the zoo where she is contended, well fed and happy to be adored by everyone..!!


...Helllllooooo down there..........



Quick, follow me, this way to the pool............


Brown Bears


Snoozing the day away............


Puma...........

I could keep loading shots that I love but I will have to stop I think, I hope you have enjoyed the trip to Melbourne Zoo, I've really enjoyed taking you with me......

17 comments:

Fiona said...

I feel like I was there with you - Thanks for sharing again !! My favourite of copurse is the hairy chin shot - LOL

Hugs,

Fee XX

Sue-Anne said...

More beautiful photos! The Orang-utans are so entertaining. I always have to visit them when I go to the zoo. Please tell me what sort of camera you have??

Lurline said...

I've enjoyed the trip with you to the zoo also, thanks Lizzie! Saw a thingy on palm oil on tele last night - maybe 60 minutes - great to be informed, isn't it!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Francien said...

Thank you Lizzie...you should`nt have done that...placing a picture of me on your blog.....lol...but seriously...what a great pictures...love them...it seems that the animals have all a good time to in the Zoo...they look happy!!
And the puppet looks so real!!I thought it was at first...thank you for sharing the pictures...could be right out of a magazine...well done!!
greetingds ♥ Francien.

Lynne said...

Lovely photos - again, thanks for sharing.

Rafael's Mum said...

Thanks for more photos Lizzie.. I really do not tire of them at all so any more are very welcome! They are all beautifully shot and so sharp! You are amazing at catching just the right expressions etc! I have been to the zoo in the past, tried to take photos... but they are nowhere near as lovely as yours! keep em coming I say! and no apologies for volume needed!!

Margaret said...

What fun! You must have a good camera -- great pictures! My son's favorite was always the giraffes for some reason. The meerkats were in the same building. Poor Mary the wombat! :(

PatchworkRose said...

Thankyou Lizzie for the grand parade. Just Love the little elephant and I am a Giraffe Lover :-)
Cheers
Lynne

Kim said...

You managed to capture a hint of each animal's personality. Some look playful.

retdairyqueen said...

I love your photos
I also believe you sent blocks for the quilt Lyn made for me and just wanted to say a big thankyou
It means so much
Illene

el costurero de elsicat said...

Ahhh!!! Beautiful and lovely photos!!!!! Thanks, thanks!!!!!!!!

Abrazos

Margaret said...

Sure did, Enjoy the day at the Zoo with you beautiful photos.

Micki said...

I lvoed all of the pics, but the orangatan was my all time favorite!
Micki

Pokey said...

Great pictures! there is nothing like a day at the zoo! It is my Larry's favorite field trip :-}
pokey

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Gorgeous pictures! I love the brown bear picture..looks straight out of national geographic! The lighting is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Loved your photos of the animals, but more importantly thank you for having the Don't Palm us off button on your blog. I listened to the ABC radio station a few days ago and they had an interview with a woman from the zoo talking about the palm oil issues and I have been meaning to sign, so your post has reminded me to sign, which I have just done. PS. also my husband has signed as well. from Jenny McH (in Melbourne)

Amy Paul said...

Thanks for sharing!
We have a "zoo date" set for my baby's 1st birthday in July.
I'm off to investigate the Palm Oil issue - thanks for the link.
Have a happy day.
xx Amy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin