Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Secret Sewing..............

I've been working on all the swaps that I seem to have signed up for just lately.......



...this is for the Snickerdoodle Bag swap. I'm really pleased with this and I can't wait to show you the whole thing because it's my own design!!! I drew the pattern up based on a favourite bag (commercially made) that I've had for years, I just love it and I'm equally in love with the one I made for my swap partner Jen who lives in Calgary, Canada.



These are for a swap that Cass from Snailblazer has organised for the Sew it Together day that I'm off to in a few weeks.
There's another one, but that hasn't got to go for a couple of months so I can tell you about that later.
I haven't really done much that is blog worthy, certainly not that I can show you. I can show you this little thing I made though............



........there was a name tag swap going on around blog land for Sew it Together, but I came in really late (someone cancelled and I was next on the waiting list) and the swap was well under way. I thought that I would make one for myself as I didn't want to be the only anonymous person there!! I stuck to the same colour theme, I was quite pleased with it and now I won't be the odd blogger out (heaven forbid)!!!

We had a visitor hanging around the garden a couple of days ago...........



.....John (He Who Works) was digging in old mulch and laying new stuff ready for the frosts and (hopefully) snow. He left the new mulching until the next day so that this little guy could get a good feed in the newly turned soil,he stayed around most of the day helping himself to the worms and grubs. I love that we have so many birds, insects and wildlife on our land.

He Who Works is off work today and has taken himself off to the other side of the city, about an hour and a halfs drive I think, I elected to stay home and wait for his return. I can tell you that he will be smiling, he will be happy and he's a very spoilt man ;o)

Photo's tomorrow............

16 comments:

Fiona said...

Sounds intriguing - I wonder what he is up to? The bag looks delicious.

Hugs - Fee XXX

Jo in TAS said...

I love your name badge! Looking forward to seeing those projects fully revealled, they're looking good! Your feathered friend looks like he's eaten some big worms!
Wonder what would get your man smiling???

Francien said...

Well Lizzie...you are always up to something when we see the lovely sneek peeks here....lol...love the bag already from what i can see..that big appliquè flower is looking awesome!! and are there some little mouses??..
would love to have such a pretty visitor in the garden...and that nametag...clever girl you!!
And you must be cooking something hhw likes very much..my dh always smile when i do that!
greetings ♥ Francien

Lynne said...

Lovely sewing. I like your name badge.

Cute kookaburra - how nice to leave a job incomplete for his benefit!

Ooo, cliffhangers - I can't wait to see where he went!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

The bag details are lovely! Seems funny you getting the garden ready for winter - and I should be tidying mine for spring :) I like your visitor - I bet he was pleased someone else did all the digging.

dominique said...

Votre blog est magnifique , les photos sont sublimes et les ouvrages de toute beauté , bravo !

Rebecca said...

OHHHH what fun you are having and I am pleased your little friend got a good feed.
Hugs Bec

Sue-Anne said...

Your name tag is fantastic, I love anything in wool.

And another beautiful photo with the Kookaburra. They are one of my favourite birds. We have them around here but very rarely see them. I love to hear them laughing.

Sue said...

Isn't Mr K Burra a fine fellow?
I love the name tag and can hardly wait to see what your DH is goning to be happy about.

Margaret said...

Oh, I love the kookaburra! We don't get those around here. lol! And your husband -- can't wait to hear what he was up to! Your quilty pics are wonderful! And I love your name tag!

Micki said...

I love the fabrics that you are using. The flower is so cute!
Micki

Maree: said...

Your Flower name tag is Gorgeous...
cheers

jean said...

I have just come across your blog. It is lovely , i love the photographs of the garden and I will be watching to the reveal of the bag swap

sewcolorful said...

Lizzie I am so excited about seeing the final product and getting one of my very own. I put yours in the mail a bit ago so I'm hoping it finds you soon, AIR MAIL all the way.

Alaena said...

How cute is the bird picture?! Love it!

Khris said...

By what I can see it will be gorgeous...lucky Jen...hugs Khris

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin