Monday, 10 May 2010

A bit of this and a bit of that.............

I've been playing around today, just making a couple of small things that I've been meaning to do for ages....



...I made this sleeve for my camera strap, I got the idea from the Moda Bake Shop . I used some of my 2 1/2" squares in Martinique from 3 Sisters from my sample boxes. In hindsight, I should have used something else and cut it to the 5" size that the instructions stated. It fits fine but it was a pain to slide on to the strap, the extra wee bit would have made it easier!!





I even put my name on it, just in case I forget who I am !!




Do you wear reading glasses? Well I do and I'm always forgetting to put a case into my bag if I'm going out, so I end up wearing them on the top of my head all day. I made this simple little case to leave in my handbag, I have a feeling that I'm going to have to make at least 3 or 4 for different bags! I used some of the Bar Harbour squares for this, the colour isn't very true in this picture. The reds are really bright and clear with some soft blues mixed in, very pretty.





I picked this up from the post office today. It was my other purchase from those gorgeous 'Quilted Crow' girls, a lovely table runner in wool applique. It should look beautiful on the cedar table in the dining room, now I just have to make it!!

I had a fabulous time at Stitches & Craft on Saturday, I met up with Sue from Charlotte's Cottage in Western Australia, she was over with her hubby to celebrate their 40th Anniversary. It was wonderful meeting up for a coffee and a chat. I met a couple of local bloggers from Ballarat, Annie from Flower Garden and Jodie from Ric Rac. Jodie's stand was beautiful and I did succumb to a Pocket-Bot and a Parsley and Beet pattern as well as some of the amazing felt from Winterwood. So all in all a great day, Sew it Together is this weekend, I'm only going to the Saturday crafting session, but it should be a great day, I'm really looking forward to it.....lots more bloggers to meet!!

14 comments:

Lurline said...

Fabulous, Lizzie - I felt a dag walking around with a camera strap around my neck - the salesman told me to make sure I always do it in case I drop it - wouldn't I draw more attention to myself with a cover, lol! Please tell me where I can get little name tags like yours - I love!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Maree: said...

Love your Projects and Especially Love the Table Runner will Look Great in Wool..
cheers

Rafael's Mum said...

Love that strap! I saw it in Moda Bakeshop but not had time. Isn't Martinique lovely? It's top of my list for next fabric purchases!

Janet said...

Your camera strap is very cool and so are the glasses case. I think the table runner has to be made straight away, it's wonderful.

Rebecca said...

Your stap and glasses case are so cute and the Table runner will be fun. The Quilted Crow are a lovely bunch of ladys and I love the things they design. I have a lot of their patterns, stashed away for a rainy day ( or when I have time).
Hugs Bec

Margaret said...

You're always so creative! I love the camera strap and the glasses case. And that table runner will be so pretty! I guess you like wool applique. :D Sounds easier than normal applique to me, I'd like to try it!

Sue-Anne said...

That's a great camera strap and I love the little glasses case. I love your little name tage, did you make it yourself? Your tablerunner is going to look wonderful. My girlfriend bought a kit for it (we talked her into it!)

paddysdaughter said...

Nice camera - now I know why your shots are so good. Would love a bigger digital SLR.....I'm also amazed at your creative output, always something new and interesting.

Tanya said...

Lizzie, looking forward to meeting you. Thanks so so much for offering to hunt around for some scraps for me, that will be greatx
Tanya

Francien said...

Dont you just hate it when you write a reaction and it does not appear in the commentsection...well Lizzie..mine did not showed up here so i will write it again..must be that "age" thing...did not do it right...
i have seen that my comment on your earlier post was there( whit the lovely rooster) so i will try again here....love the glassescase
Next time i try and respond correctly on your posts..just checking if this one will arrive..
Have a fine week...greetings Francien.

Bobbie Ashley said...

Lizzie,

Love, love the table runner. It would be a great take-a-break project from all of our serious big quilting projects. The camera strap marks you as a quilter and I am sure to help you make more quilty-friends. I would have no problem introducing myself to someone wearing that strap. What a cool idea! What fun. Hugs.

Blissfully Stitching,
Bobbie Ashley

Notjustnat said...

Great camera Lizzie, my first digital camera was Nikon too. I like the chunky strap you made for it and a glasses case to match - Hugs Nat

Micki said...

I love the idea of wool applique. Enjoy the projects!
Micki

Sandi said...

Hi Lizzie, I tried to add my name as a follower but it wouldn't let me. Will try again later. You have a lovely blog so I want to visit often. :-) I love working with wool, too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin