Friday, 21 May 2010

More garden wonder........

You could be forgiven for thinking that this was a gardening blog over the last couple of days, that or a photography blog!! There have just been so many lovely things to capture in a snapshot this week and I do love a little snapshot of a moment in time, you never would have guessed would you...?

I was wandering out to the clothesline today (sometimes I do do housewifely things like washing etc.) when I spotted this little snowflake popping it's little head out of it's leaves. Still May and we're getting spring flowers......errrr, what's going on here?



...and because I've been playing with photographs in PSE all week here's a couple more..




......here's the last rose on my Bonica bush..



..pretty isn't it?

The sky was very heavy and black this afternoon, no rain though and the storm clouds just swept over us but I did take a couple of nice shots of the trees....





..if you want to see what I did with these go over to my photo blog HERE.

11 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

Lovely photos as always Lizzie. I love the light when the sky is so dark and the sun lights up leaves and buildings so vividly! You are sometimes lucky like that at dawn and dusk too.. wonderful!

Susan L (lily40au) said...

I love photography blogs. Your gardens looks spectacular.

Janet said...

I love that last shot, you can really pick up the sun on the leaves. Maybe I might learn a thing or two from your lovely photos, I can only hope.

Margaret said...

Nice garden pics as usual. Funny to have you all going into winter now while we're going into summer.

Lynne said...

I think the snowdrops are a little confused!

(Another grey day here - forecast is for a week of showers! Good crafting weather!!)

Esther said...

It is allways soo nice to come and visit you and your garden.
esther

Sue-Anne said...

Gorgeous photos and I love the little snowdrop but can't believe it is flowering. I love the last photo too.

Rebecca said...

I like looking at your garden photos, so please feel free to blog some more. I miss the changing of the seasons that happen down south, not so noticable here in the north.
Hugs Bec

Cathy said...

Ahh Lizzie, your garden and photography is amazing and I could look at them any day! Do you mind me asking what camera you use, I'm thinking its time for an upgrade round here, Christmas is nearly here isn't it?!!! xo

Ozjane said...

Lovely photography. I am in gardening mode also but must get out and take that leap to buy the SLR...have been over thinking it for ages but think I have finally found out enough info to choose the one that will allow me to use all my existing pre digital Minolta lens....of course the longer I have waited the more I have found out and the more cameras that have come out so that the one I want is now super expensive...lens only........
However I am not sure what is holding me back....although I am glad I did not jump in 3 years ago when I first began research....but am getting so envious it will have to be soon...

baukje said...

The pictures of your garden are great!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin