Monday, 17 May 2010

Sew it Together. Part 2

So, some more photo's taken on Saturday at Sew it Together Melbourne...
..we all received a bag full of goodies at the door..



..some VERY talented people had donated/sponsored heaps of things:
Patterns from the super talented Jodie, gorgeous bamboo knitting needles from Donna, a lovely pack of sample fabric from The Oz Material Girls. A gorgeous wallpaper inspired notebook from Lark, a coat hanger cover kit from Thea & Sami, a little moleskin notebook decorated with a vintage picture from the talented Cass, a little packet of buttons ready to cover from Jackobindi and last but by no means least a little packet with pre-cut hexies and some squares of gorgeous fabric from Retro Mummy. All packaged in a calico bag with the Sew it Together logo on.......WOW!




Here's the amazing Cass who organised the sample swap, those of us that joined, 14 in all, were to be split into two groups of seven. We had to make six of something, all the same thing but different fabric etc..
I made these pear pincushions......



.....and this was how the swap went! Cass called out names pulled from a bag, the first seven split off for one group, the last seven formed the 2nd group. I was in the second group and boy oh boy, was I lucky....



...we stood in a circle and placed our goodies on the floor in front of us......



...I missed my feet while I was taking the photo ( I was wearing brown leather clogs in case you're interested?) So, we then all jumped to the left (yep, jumped) and picked one of the swap items from in front of you, jumped to the left again and picked up one item and so on....! Don't ask what seven grown women looked like jumping around in a circle?? I can just about bet my last dollar that someone has a photo, I'm just hoping it doesn't make it's way to me...!!!

What?? Oh yes, the swap items........



OK, the fabulous blue birdie lunch box was made by the lovely Karen, the awesome craft bag/keeper with wonder woman on the front was made by Trash (how did she know that I have a green cape?), a gorgeous linen tea towel trimmed with beautiful fabric from Sheridan. See the lovely red flowery bag at the back? That was from Cass, a little ramekin pin cushion from Sophie and a cute little wash cloth from Donna.
I did tell you I was lucky didn't I??

THEN..............everyone got a prize at the end of the afternoon from a whole bunch of wonderful sponsors, this was mine............



...a $50 Spotlight gift card.....Woo Hoo!! Thanks Spotlight! I'm thinking of stocking up on needles (just kidding Jodie!!). Seriously, I might just buy something that I would think twice about if I was paying ;o)

Following are some random images from the day...........





...the multi-talented Deborah finished these wrist warmers (when she wasn't ironing her bunny)...




Here she is standing, before her pressing engagement!!



I nearly forgot to show you what Cass gave all the 'swapees' as a thank you (as if we needed to be thanked), clever isn't she??



..this was what I was planning on working on during the day....



...my March Sue Spargo block. Did I get any work done............?



...course I did AND I taught Rachelle to crochet (we'll see how good I was and if she remembers?)














....thought I'd slip this one in......




...that's it folks, all the rest are not fit for human consumption!!

It was a wonderful day, can't wait for Sydney 2011, I'll be there with bells on!!

22 comments:

Cass said...

Lizzie, awesome to meet you and thanks for being part of the swap.

beck said...

Hi Lizzie, I didn't see you at the dinner on Saturday night, were you there? Love all your fab photo's, looks like you had an amazing time x

Susan L (lily40au) said...

I loved being part of the swap. I will definitely do it again ... and I came home with so many goodies. I hardly know what to do with myself. I look forward to seeing you guys again when I next get down to Ballarat and we get to go op shopping. Love that op shopping!

Fiona said...

It sounds like a wonderful time was had by all !! I almost felt like I was there with you and your photography is awesome.

Hugs - Fee XX

Lynne said...

You're doing it again? In my home town? I'd better learn to sew quickly! LOL

Rafael's Mum said...

Thanks for all your photos. It looks SUCH fun!! Like your pears (I am making the heather bailey version) and just look at that bunny... sooo cute!!

Janet said...

I enjoyed looking at all the photos, almost like being there. Love Jodies softies!

Sue-Anne said...

Great photos! Looks like a really fun day.

Chookyblue...... said...

a great day out.........

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing pics.

Rebecca said...

What a great day, must know more about the one in Sydney sounds like fun. Hugs Bec

Sue said...

I can almost hear the sigh as inspiration is exchanged amongst you all. Great post Lizzie!

Teresa said...

That definitely looks like a good time...thanks for sharing...I feel like I was there except I don't have crafty bling in my hands (sigh).

one little acorn said...

Hi Lizzie
It was so nice to meet you on Saturday and I love your blog. I am now a follower and will definitely be back to visit. Your photography is beautiful.
Cheers, jacinta

Deborah said...

Lizzie, thanks for being such a fun train and table companion..... it was a fabby day wasn't it?! Hopefully see you again soon..... D

Margaret said...

It looks like it was such fun! What lovely swap presents and all the prizes too. Wow! What a great idea to get together like that! I wonder if anyone has ever done something similar in the states. I think an international event would be a wonder! Thanks for sharing with us. I'm sure Jodie won't mind that last picture either. :D

Juddie said...

Lizzie, it was great to meet you on such a fabulously fun day. Everyone at SIT was so ridiculously talented, I feel inspired and happy just thinking about all the lovely creations that came together under one roof.

Your photos are also wonderful - such clarity and depth of colour! A great collection of memories ....

Looking forward to catching up with you again some time.

Rachelle said...

thank you for having the patience to teach me how to crochet. i promise to practice and get my tension right. i can't wait to see your quilt finished!

Jodie said...

ooh I look a bit grumpy in the last one don't I? I wasn't really but I was a bit overwhelmed...
All the gifts were just the icing on the cake !

Cathy said...

Thanks for all the wonderful picks Lizzie, great for those of us who couldn't make it. Looks like so much fun. xo

Tanya said...

Lizzie- I didn't realise it was you who made those fantastic pears, I was threatening to steal Karen's- big,weighty- they are gutsy pincushions. Top effort. Great photos too. Thanks for sharing. Crap blogger me left camera in bag all day. Oops!

Copper Patch said...

It a fab weekend! Your photos are great - it even looks like I spent the entire day stitching my but off...the photos don't lie!!!
Lovely to meet you,
Ab

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin