Sunday, 16 May 2010

Sew it Together........................

WARNING:
Extremely long post with lots and lots of tell all photo's!!



What a great day we had yesterday at Sew it Together Melbourne, all accolades and kudos go to Sheridan from Chaletgirl she must have awesome organisational skills! Well if she didn't before I'll bet she has now...........

Now, where to start?? Start of the day on the train at 7.28am, Ballan station, walk through the carriages until I find my travelling buddies, Jodie, Jan, Rachelle and Deborah. We did become known during the day as 'the Ballarat table', honestly, I'm sure it was in the nicest possible way?? Let me just say before anyone else say's anything, I'm sure we weren't the loudest table! Really, I don't think so!!






Jan and Jodie hard at work.................



Can you see Bronwyn at the table there, listening to someone obviously? Not that there was more talk than work you understand! Oh dear me no! Never!



......Julie, Abbe and Trash



...not a great photo, but there's Sheridan still organising I reckon!!



.....could this be the youngest blogger and is that Ernst I spy holding her attention?



There was a bit of a media frenzy when these guys finally made an escape from their suitcase



I do have a couple of VERY unflattering photo's of Jodie being mobbed and in the interests of bloggy friendships, I've taken the prudent step of deleting them!!



This little guy thought that was a wise decision.......!



Here's Deborah ironing her bunny - don't ask!!



See, her poor bunny had to lie down after her pressing engagement...!!

On that note I'm going to finish this post and continue tomorrow, I'll show you all my wonderful swap goodies, prizes and lots more photo's, but you'll have to wait. I'm out of here now.............

14 comments:

Karen said...

Wasn't it fun!
Lovely to 'swap' with you Lizzie - my pin-cushion was much admired and even my 'not-really-interested-in-all-that-sewing-stuff' husband was impressed!

Maree: said...

Great Photo's Lizzie...TFS.looking forward to the next instalment...Looked like Fun.!
cheers

Jo in TAS said...

yes please, more please!!!!!!!! Gorgeous photos, I wish I could've been there!

Linda said...

oh such wonderful photos it's great to be able to see a little of the fun you all had!!! thanks for the lovely comments the other day about photos of oneself...so true and I will definately try and be in a few more family shots from now on!!

Julie said...

It was so great to finally meet. Loved your fabric pears. Hope your trip home wasn't too crazy!

Sue said...

It certainly looked like a great time was had by all. Eagerly awaiting the next post.

Janet said...

What a great time you must have had and the projects and Jodies things are awesome. Love the bunny.

Margaret said...

Oh wow! That's so cool! So what exactly was this event? Was it specifically so crafty bloggers could get together? Were there classes or something? I saw that Jodie was going to be there too but I didn't connect your event to hers. lol! Looks like it was so much fun! I'm envious!

Deb said...

This event looks like it was a lot of fun! I think that the bunny looks adorable.

Sue-Anne said...

Great photos Lizzie and it looks like you all had a fabulous day. Love those robots!

Kate said...

Oh yay, thanks for the photos from the day bit, I was wondering what it all looked like.
Like I said in the email, I was disappointed not to have met you at the dinner but hopefully one day soon. X

taylorsoutback said...

Fun post - know you had a great day sewing with everyone...those times are always the best & keep us motivated.
Thanks for sharing.

Lynne said...

Oh what fun - thanks for sharing!

Jodie said...

Lizzie, it was just the best day and I'm so glad we all went along together...I'm a bit troubled about Deborah and that bunny ironing...but just imagine what we shall get up to in Sydney next year ...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin