Friday, 4 June 2010

Chatter of patchwork and dogs and things...................

Yesterday was our fortnightly meeting of our patchwork group at the local Community house. On the way I picked up the mail from the post office along with a parcel! Great excitement but not of the soft and squishy type, this was my new lens for my camera.. Woo Hoo!! I've been waiting for it to arrive (really it only took three days but there was a weekend in there and it felt like ages!) so that I could play with it!!
The girls weren't so sure that it was a good thing though, to their credit they did try to ignore me, but I'm a persistent old chick when I want!!!



As you can tell, there's usually lots of chatter and laughter, in this photo is Eileen at the front, then Lin, Vicky, Merle and Jill...



...here's Deb who only joined us for the first time yesterday (hhmm, wonder if we scared her off?) then Karen who's doing her hardest to pretend I'm not there, hehe!!

As luck would have it, Eileen had brought in some of her gorgeous girls to show, before she ships them off to her sister in Queensland (they're only going on holiday and will be back in September) so I was able to take some photo's to show you. Now first things first, if you're easily offended, look away and pretend this photo isn't here, it's really just a bit of female fun..........



Eileen sculpts her lovely dolls and they do have breasts, this particular dress was a bit low and she was going to change the lace to cover her ample attributes, but one of the girls (no names) thought that she was a bit of a tart and needed nipples and as they say - the rest is history!!
Me, I think the juxtaposition of red nipples and wings is priceless!! They are only red pins but Eileen's not sure now whether to leave them in so her sister can see them too :o)




Two more of her gorgeous creations............



She really does put so much work in to them.



This is Eileens too, would you believe her first attempt at needleturn!!



This is Merle's quilt. Don't those colours really pop surrounded by the black and white?

I took this early this morning (with my new lens :o) looking from the house across the paddock to Black Hill...



This next is taken from the same spot, looking to the left towards Mt Egerton..



....and I couldn't resist showing you these two.....



Gus.............and



..Miss Martha, (yes, she's orthodontically challenged!) both basking in the winter sunshine on the verandah.

Right, enough playing, I'm off to sew something.....

12 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Oh, I love those doggies!

Jodie said...

Oh dear ..orthodontically challenged ...I nearly wet myself !

Sue said...

I'm still laughing at the Miss Martha comment! Gorgeous pics Lizzie and Eileen's ladies are delightful, even the "Tart".

Margaret said...

Congrats on the new lens! Looks like you all had fun at the quilt get together. Those dolls are delightful! And your pictures are spectacular with the new lens! Love the pics of both landscape and dogs.

Bobbie Ashley said...

Lizzie, oooooh garden pics and pics of your two puppies. They are just too adorable for words. Don't worry, my dog has a snaggle tooth also, giggle. Love the pics of your bee. I will have to post a few from mine also. Don't you just value the time spent with crazy quilters just like you. What talent they all have.

Cheers,
Bobbie

Francien said...

Lovely pictures of your doggies Lizzie...they both look adorable..and you should see "Meisje" her teeth..you know that Bulldogs always have two teeth sticking out..like Dracula...only up side down..so miss Martha has beautiful teeth in comparison..
and the picks of your garden...it looks like you live in the most wonderful place...what a view!!
Great dolls made by Eileen and what i like is her little pouchbag in front of her...
and Merle`s quilt is gorgious!!
Have a great weekend....greetings ♥ Francien.

Rafael's Mum said...

I love both the pictures of the dogs and the garden.. beautiful, and thanks for sharing your sewing group, it looks like a lot of fun !!

Sue-Anne said...

great photos Liz and I love your dogs! Miss Martha and Buddy would have so much fun playing together.

beck said...

What fantastic photo's! Looks like a great day with the girls, what a lot of fun hanging out together being creative. I love your furry friends too, what a special smile Miss Martha has! Gorgeous xo

Karen said...

I like the yellow legs on the one "lady". So bright and unexpected.

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

I envy the breathtaking views from your house. You captured impressive images with your new lens. And I am in LOVE with Gus.
kim

Lynne said...

Those dolls are super-gorgeous!

Cute dogs.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin