Friday, 2 July 2010

Birthday winner....................

First up I have to say sorry, but I was so excited yesterday that I forgot to say which frame I had!! It's a Happy Jack from Brindabella Quilting, I still haven't been able to start playing yet. I did manage to get a square of fabric on with some batting and backing, it's all pinned ready to go but the machine hasn't been plugged in yet!! I'm sure once the weekend is over, children have gone back to respective states and homes, that you won't be able to get me away from it. On the sewing machine front, apparently Brother have said that that particular machine won't be in the country again for 3 months BUT, the gorgeous Lyn from Metro Sewing Centre has managed to find me one from another store and it should be in my sewing room sometime early next week, phew, thanks Lyn for excellent service............


OK, on to the important stuff, first off, thanks to each and everyone of you for all your good wishes and lovely words on my birthday. I am constantly blown away by the camaraderie of this blogging/crafting circle, by the support, kind words, advice and plain old fashioned friendship of this community. Thank you one and all...


I gave all the numbers (there were a lot last month) to Mr Random and he gave me number 34, which just happened to be Margaret who said:


"Happy birthday to you, a bit early! My birthday is later in July. :D I hope I win! lol!
I admit, I got those little chocolate bars too. Couldn't resist. It's terrible! :D Can't wait to see what you whip up with them this time!
I think you totally deserve to have all those followers. You definitely do interesting things!"


Well you totally say the nicest things Margaret, so if you email me your snail mail I can send you these little bits and bobs...........





.......and a few other things that didn't get in the photo.

That's it for today, I've got a really painful hand. Yesterday, I grabbed a couple of pieces of firewood off the verandah and thought my days were numbered!! Dramatic I know, but too true, I was stung by a wasp! This is a photo I took last year of the same thing, on the firewood of course! The pain was simply debilitating and I was really glad that our daughter and her family were here at the time. We sent the two kids outside to 'violently' kill the bl***y thing as it was floundering around on the deck. It's ok today, but quite achey (is that a word?) and feels bruised, luckily I'm not allergic to stings as is our eldest son.


Here's a totally not related photo of miss martha, just because she went to the beauty parlour this morning (she was so grubby and smelly, been eating rabbit poo again!!) and once again looks beautiful. The ribbon will last about 4/5 days then it's gone, Natalie always puts one in even though she knows there's nothing ladylike about this one....

8 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

Miss Martha looks beautiful!! and congratulations to Margaret, a lovely parcel. As for the frame.. you will need some peace and quiet to figure it out properly. Fantastic prospect!!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Martha is a real sweetie :) Congratulations to Margaret. Hope your hand clears up fast. I remember vividly the time I sat on a wasp! Have a great weekend.

Sue-Anne said...

Miss Martha looks so pretty with her ribbons! Isn't it nice when they come home all clean and neat!
Hope your hand improves quickly.

Margaret said...

OMG, OMG, OMG! Really? I won? I never win! Thank you, Lizzie!! Happy birthday to us! lol!

Ouch on the wasp!! I got stung by a -- yellow jacket which I never am clear on whether it's a bee or a kind of wasp. So I totally understand when you say that it hurt like everything!!! Oh that hurts! And my finger swelled up so much! Glad the thing got killed in the end. I had to go stare at that pic of the wasp in your other post just to be horrified. Ugh!

And Martha looks adorable in all her salon gorgeousness! So lovely!

Off to email you. Oh boy!!

Julie said...

Owwwww, thats why I hate bringing in the wood when it is dark. I'm more scared of spiders after seeing a red back or two around.

Deb said...

Congratulations to Margaret. How fun. There are a lot of cool goodies in this giveaway!!

Julia said...

Miss Martha looks cute! Congratulations to Margaret, lucky girl..a lovely parcel to receive..
have a great day Lizzie.
Stay warm and watch out for those wasps..
Julia ♥

Francien said...

KILLERBEES/WASPS AND SPIDERS and SNAKES ??!!...lol.... You let me shiver when you wrote a post about those animals Lizzie...as beautiful as some of them are i like to keep my distance...but we all know that we are cautious for a little while...so it won`t be the last bite/sting we catch...i am glad they are very little here in Holland..but i had my share in the cforeign country`s i have lived in...hope it wont get to thick and the hurt will go away soon....so you can try out your lovely machine and frame...
Miss Marta is so lovely ...such beautifull eyes....
greetings Francien.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin