Thursday, 8 July 2010

Birthdays and Thank You..........

First off, I would really like to say a most sincere and heartfelt thank you for all your wonderful words of encouragement, warmth and sympathy on the loss of our beloved Cocker Spaniel Gus. Your words meant so much. It was a tough morning with the only positive being he didn't suffer and he was surrounded by the people he loved most in the whole world...
We knew it was coming very soon, last year he surprised us by getting through the cold winter, then again in the heat of the summer. The last couple of weeks he had started to struggle so we knew his time was near. But no matter it's always heartbreaking. Miss Martha misses him and the house is quiet without him.

On Sunday we all gathered down at the waterfront in Geelong for my birthday lunch, the table was decorated with balloons reminding me of the grand age I've achieved ;o)...........


...this photo I shall be carrying in my purse in case I'm ever asked for proof of age. What you don't think I'll need it??????? Hmmm, we shall see ;o)

That's mum sat next to me, she was having a bit of trouble trying to push the lollies (candy, sweets) into her handbag!! I think she was hiding them for later, bless her....


Here I am trying my best to demolish the fabulous cake (two dress size cake it was)!


Mum, John, me and dad and yes, not only did they have a table full of balloons that ALL had 60 printed on them, they made me wear a button all day too......poor me!!!


The men in my life minus one! Young Matthew (aged 5) was the only one that wasn't there.
Just goes to show that it's not always the young ones that are the trouble makers!! The girls had a huge amount of trouble making their dad behave........!!!
Left to right at back, Chris, John, Ryan (who's showing his admiration for his granddad's sense of humour) SIL Tony and in front, eldest son Dave and grandson Josh.


..and here's the girls, still having trouble making their father behave, much to Caitlin's amusement this time!



John trying to squash Ryan down so he doesn't look taller than his granddad!!


My best of the best friend Jen.


Now you see why it's a two dress size cake...............!!!

Obviously I didn't take these photo's, I've 'borrowed' some of Jen's and Rebecca's from their facebook pages and I will be putting some more on to my photo blog here if you want to see some them, but be warned they are just family, friends and frivolity....!

Jen (who shares my birthday month) and I went to the zoo yesterday, so I've got some more shots of the baby elephant I'll show you later in the week, I'll have to get back to my hand quilting too this week, only got 6 weeks left to finish it and finally I will be picking up my new sewing machine tomorrow afternoon..........YAY!!
So I'll be back to tell you all about that too on the weekend.........

26 comments:

paddysdaughter said...

Looks like you had a wonderful family day.....hope you got time to sign your senior card application too!!

All the best, Sue

Deb said...

Lizzie it looks like you had a fabulous time, how wonderful. That cake looks amazing and I can see why you say 2 dress sizes. Wow.

Quiet Quilter said...

Lovely family!

Oh, to be 60 again....no, not really. I wasn't quilting then...

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

What a cake! Mmmm! Looks like a fun day - one to remember.

retdairyqueen said...

Looks like a great time was had by all
I will catch up to you end of August when I will celebrate the big 60

Sew Useful Designs said...

What beautiful happy photos Lizzie! The best kind!!! And gosh the photo of your cake is just too good - I could almost put my finger through the pc screen and swipe a bit of chocolate!!

You truly do look wonderful sweetheart, so happy you had a great day - your family are gorgeous!

Big hugs sweetheart!
Vikki xo :-)

Fiona said...

Happy Happy Birthday old girl - hehehehehe...... You have a beautiful family and they obviously adore you that is so evident and that cake well what can I say !!!! Hugs - Fee XXX

Sue said...

What a great time you are all having and I can see your likeness in so many of the kids and grandies.
Congratz on the seniorhood!

Notjustnat said...

Happy Birthday Lizzie, you don't a day older than 50. What a happy family you have got together. Have a great one Lizzie - Hugs Nat

Margaret said...

I love all the pics! Looks like such fun -- and how wonderful to have everyone together to celebrate too!

Sue-Anne said...

I'm pleased you had a wonderful day with family and friends to celebrate your birthday. Great photos and you can see in them how much fun everyone had. I love your cake - definately a two dress size one but hey, you only turn 60 once!

Roseanne said...

Look like you had a wonderful day with your family for your birthday.

Frances Leate said...

It looks like you had a great day and welcome to the club. It is nice to know of another quilter who like me was born in 1950!!!

Pokey said...

Happy birthday! Don't you love all the years announced on the BIG balloons!?! It looks like a sweet birthday celebration with your loved ones nearby.

Francien said...

Thats how a big birthday should be Lizzie...a lot of fun..and it seems thats what you and all your family and gasts had...a very fun time...and the 60??..well we "talk" again when the big 70 appears...many more of your wonderful quilts later
greetings Francien.

Micki said...

What a wonderful birthday celebration! Just wonderful to see your whole family! Good luck with your new machine.
Micki

Maree: said...

Congratulations Lizzie looks like you had the Best Day...omg that Cake is to Die For!!
cheers

Chookyblue...... said...

a lovely day with family.......that cake sure looks divine.......

Bobbie Ashley said...

Lizzi,

What a lovely day with family and friends. Truly the only gift that we need and that means the most. Happy smiles to you, 60! You made it girl! Here's to the next sixty. Happy Birthday from across the pond!

Blissfully Stitching,
Bobbie

Deb said...

Looks like you had a great day - you have a gorgeous family.

Happy Happy birthday to you!

Rafael's Mum said...

Happy happy birthday again!! What a great day and thanks for sharing all those lovely photos! It looks as if it all went perfectly!!

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

Happy Birthday! The happy family photos make me smile.
kim

Frogdancer said...

Happy birthday. What a lovely time you all had!

Bronny said...

What a lovely, fun, happy celebration! I'm sure your family made certain EVERYBODY paid attention to the number on the balloons!
That cake looks scrumptious, I don't know if anybody could eat more than one thin slice! You are a lucky lady with a lovely family - Happy belated Birthday!!

Cathy said...

Ahhh it looks like I missed your birthday while we were away Lizzie. Looks like you had a fabulous time, that cake is incredible! Happy Late Birthday! xo

linda said...

Well, happy belated birthday! It looks like it was a good day.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin