Monday, 26 July 2010

I'm still here..........

I seem to have been AWOL for a little while, life just seems to take over sometimes don't you think..? At the moment I'm wishing this was me............





..Miss Martha is exhausted after running around in the wet grass like a fool this morning. We have a feral cat that wanders through all the time and since Gus has gone, she seems to have taken on the role of protector of all things within her domain!!! Of course, being a very spoilt member of our family, she tends to choose just where she'll take her well earned rest. The back of one of the lounges is just perfect as it brings her to window height and as you can see, she's on alert for marauding cats, LOL!
Anyway, I wish it was me sprawled out and fast asleep. I have the dreaded winter cold (I don't think it's contagious through the monitor!). On Friday night we took ourselves off to Geelong to see our grandson, Ryan, perform in the school production of 'Les Miserables'. It was an amazing performance by some very talented young people, fabulous night except for the elderly gentleman sitting behind us who spent the whole night coughing!! He  was obviously very generous with his germs as both John and I woke with sore throats and tickly coughs yesterday! Thanks a million is what I say.........
I spent yesterday sitting on the lounge (the one our security guard wasn't on) quilting this.....





I have finished all the centre squares and the sashing in between, now I'm on to the borders...





..a couple of days recuperating from this cold should see it nearly finished - I hope! Then I'll be able to get on to something that I'm really excited about, I'll tell you more when I've worked a couple of things out, but I'm hoping keeping my fingers crossed that it works out...


In the meantime this is what my sewing table looks like!





Bag dumped from Saturday when I got back from the Craft & Quilt Show in Melbourne, things I bought just dropped on the table, the mess from a couple of experiments (see the paragraph above) last week, not very productive is it?? I didn't buy that much at the show, just one piece of fabric and a few gadgets, as you do!! The quilt show was fabulous and there were a few quilts by blogger friends on display, all gorgeous of course, would you believe that I hardly took any photo's at all? A brochure sat there on the table from our local community house, I've just enrolled in a six week advanced photography course, that starts on the first weekend of August, can't wait for that....


Here's another photo of my gorgeous miniature Orchid..





...still going strong, I love it sitting on my coffee table, a little bright spark in the middle of a cold winter.
I'm off to put on the telly, Lifestyle food I expect, sit in front of the fire with a cup of chicken soup and my quilting on my knee....perfect! Except for the cold of course :o)

23 comments:

Tiffany said...

So much in one post! your quilt looks wonderful - such fine stitching! I cannot do that yet. My stitches are still too big.

Which part was he in Les Mis?? There are so many wonderful songs in that show! I'm glad you enjoyed it (except for the cold... boooo!)

Feel better soon!

Tiffany in Topeka

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

lovely quilt. Looking forward to seeing what you are making next :)
Hope your cold clears up quickly - and give Miss Martha a hug, so cute!

Leanne said...

I think we would all like to live the lives of our spoilt dogs. Your sewing table looks like mine. Hope your are soon over the winter lurgy.

Rebecca said...

Good to see you are well and love the quilting on your quilt, as for puppy I wish that was me too.
Hugs Bec

shirley said...

Hi Lizzie...I am from Qeensland...just love your blog. I have these orchids growing in our little bit of rainforest on our property.

I used to live in Victora in Sale, but found out the best part of it was the road home to Queensland started there. LOL
SORRY

I have been to Ballarat on our travels and it is a really nice place.

BubzRugz said...

Quilt is looking beautiful - I have not done hand quilting yet. Hope you feel better soon...... Hugz

Lynette said...

Love reading your blog - hope you are feeling better.

Sue said...

I do hope you're feeling better soon. The chicken soup will fix you right up.
I can't believe how busy you've been and the photography course sounds fun. I need help in that area.

Linda C said...

l have dreamed for years of taking a photography course, so will be keen to hear how you enjoy it.
Hope you are feeling better soon. l have posted some photos from the fair over on my blog.

Margaret said...

Martha is so cute! Knows the best place to lounge, that's for sure! :D Love your quilt! Do you use the perle cotton to quilt? It's so pretty! Can't wait to see what's in the works for the future. And the photography course-- do you need one? You always take such gorgeous pictures! I'm sure it will be fun for you even if you are already a pro. Have a great time! Hope the sewing table gets cleaned up without too much pain. Feel better! (I hate colds!) btw, pretty cool about Ryan and Les Mis!

Bobbie Ashley said...

Lizzie, I hope that you recover in a timely manner. Love the quilt you are working on, so my colors! Wishing you well and many good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery.

Hugs,
Bobbie

baukje said...

I love your sewing table, just like mine.

You make us curious, what will be this next project?????

baukje said...

I love your sewing table, just like mine.

You make us curious, what will be this next project?????

Francien said...

Oh lovely Miss Martha...she looks so cute!! hope your cold is almost gone by now Lizzie...and your quilting is so beautiful... such even stitches...and when i look at that gorgious picture of your wonderful orchid i think that you don`t need a course..it looks like it s going to jump of the screen...the photo is so professionel taken!! Take care...dont rush curing your cold...it will take its time.....greetings Francien.
Greetings Francien.

Sue-Anne said...

Poor Miss Martha - she looks utterly exhausted from all her guard dog duties!
Your quilt looks great and hope you get over your cold quickly.

Deb said...

You look to be a fine quilter. I don't have that talent, for sure. Get better soon. Deb =^..^=x5 Canada

Linda said...

I hope you are feeling better very soon Lizzie, your quilt is gorgeous!!

faeryfay said...

I love Miss Martha! She is like my old doggy -who also likes to lie on the tops of couches!

Jan said...

Your quilt is devine. Your stitches so neat. Love the dog pose. What a dog's life. Pleased someone else's sewing table looks just like mine :)

Jen said...

The quilt looks lovely and I too am a little envious of Miss Martha. My Miss Molly says hello.

Liking the new header too, but I noticed that it looked like there was snow on the roof. Are you entering your winter?

Micki said...

I love your quilts! It is nice to see that Miss Martha is as spoiled as ours are.
Micki

taylorsoutback said...

Your Miss Martha is definitely someone to reckon with - just like our 3 shelties..."attack - right after my nap."
Hope you are soon rid of that cold.
Your orchid photo is incredible - so crisp and clear. And so envious of your ability to hand quilt. Thinking those days are behind me with my hands.
Have a good weekend.

Annie said...

It's been a funny old week here too Lizzy. Glad it's the weekend now.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin