Thursday, 26 August 2010

"All my bags are packed I'm ready to go..

..I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin' it's early morn
The taxi's waitin' he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go"

Well not really, I'm actually looking forward to getting on my particular jet plane in the morning, but when I started writing this post I wrote 'Leaving on a jet plane' as the post title. That was the end of that wasn't it? I couldn't leave it at that, I had to find the words so that you will have them running through your head for the rest of the day too...!! No, no thanks needed, honestly, it's my pleasure ;o)

I don't really have packed bags yet either, I've been getting my Sue Spargo BoMs ready to stitch while I'm away.


I've got April, May, June, July & August that I haven't touched. I've nearly finished the March block and that's in my carry on bag to stitch on the plane, I'll have four hours to listen to my book on my ipod and do some stitching..!!
I've prepped all the backgrounds for the blocks and joined everything that needed to be machine stitched, everything else is hand stitching! I know, ambitious or what..? I just thought that if I got them all ready to hand stitch then I could just keep going. Wool is really easy and quick to applique and I won't do any embellishing until I've finished them all.


This is the March block, gorgeous colours aren't they? 
I had thought about taking my quilt that I'm hand quilting but I just can't get it in my luggage, we (my railway man and I) went out yesterday and we picked up some little things to take over for the kids, it's over a year since I've seen them so a few treats seem in order..!

I'm hoping to catch up with a friend in Perth, I'll let you know if I do, and I would have really loved to have been able to have a cuppa with a friend from up North of Perth, but alas, distance is the enemy!!

I had better get back to my packing (see if I've got room left for some clothes!) I'm taking some of my techno toys, just the macbook and ipod, so I'll still be online and able to keep up with everyone, whatever did I do before technology ruled my life..??

See you in Western Australia.............
xxx

23 comments:

paddysdaughter said...

Have fun....you might even see some sunshine!

Maree: said...

Have a Great Time Lizzie..Boy 12 months is a long time...Enjoy every Minute...Love your Sue Spargo blocks..
cheers

Marls said...

Have a great time. Yes the colours of your block are great-love them.

Lurline said...

Oooooh, so looking forward to seeing you!
Hugs - Lurline♥
PS - hope you have my email sent just a little while ago!

Francien said...

Have a wonderful time Lizzie..its great being out of the daily routine and see some famely and friends...you have lots to do too...so take care and enjoy!!
greetings Francien.

Bobbie Ashley said...

Lizzie, you deserve it, have a wonderful time. May your trip be a safe one, filled with great memories made with family and friends, and may you come home with all of your stitching completed!

Cheers,
Bobbie

Posie Patchwork said...

Have a fantastic time, plenty of travel stitching sounds like a dream!! If only we could take scissors & needles on planes!! Time wasted, love Posie

PatchworkRose said...

Have an absolutely wonderful time. Just love the look of the Sue Spargo blocks. Better to have too much to do than not enough .
The Weather in WA is meant to be wonderful at the moment. DH is there now. Not like here in Adelaide where we have lots and lots of lovely Rain :-)
Not Complaining
Have Fun
Cheers
Lynne

Deb said...

Lizzie, have a wonderful holiday and enjoy doing those Sue Spargo blocks. I adore her work and its so self satisfying to complete.
Enjoy.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Have a lovely time and a safe trip.
I'll just be here humming along - yes, my brain came up with the tune!

Sue said...

Oh I'm wondering if I can whizz down that highway while you're in town. Do you have a free moment between that gorgeous family and Sue Spargo?
Have fun.

Jodie said...

Travel well Lizzie and enjoy every minute with your family...

Miriam said...

Bon Voyage Lizzie.
Have lots of fun in WA.
Travel safely

Seams Sew Together said...

Have a great time Lizzie, hope its warmer than here.

Robin Hill Quilts~Eileen G. said...

Your trip sounds wonderful!! Your blog BTW is absolutely beautiful to look at....the pictures are just a treat and the layout of your blog is stunning!
Have a great time Lizzie!!
♥ E

Margaret said...

Have Macbook, will travel -- that's my motto! lol! Have a great time! Love your Sue Spargoes!

Sue-Anne said...

Have a wonderful time with your family Lizzie - 12 months is a long time between visits.

Your Sue Spargo quilt is looking fantastic, looking forward to seeing all those blocks completed by the time you get back.

Micki said...

Hope you have a marvelous time! Love your Sue Spargo quilt...I love her patterns!
Micki

Julia said...

Hope to see you on Tusday Lizzie..
Julia ♥

Rafael's Mum said...

Have a great time Lizzie! Catch up when you are back!

Kali said...

Have a great trip Lizzie..I just know you will love meeting Lurline.
LOVE your Sue Spargo, I feel quite jealous. Hugs

Margaret said...

Sunshine, Sunshine we had a small taste today and I am thinking of blue water. Enjoy yourself, and hope the sun is shining when you get back.

baukje said...

Your Sue Spargo blogs are lovely. I also am a fan of her. Her colors are so great and the motifs so basic.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin