Friday, 6 August 2010

I'm Speechless................!!

....picked up this months Homespun Mag at the post office on the way back in today, threw it on the coffee table whilst dealing with rapturous welcome from Miss Martha (only been out for two hours), turned on the computer, moved the kettle over to the hot side of the stove. Checked emails..................OMG!!!
There was an email from a blogger friend in Tassie saying congratulations about the photo in the magazine!! Mad scramble to rip open the plastic wrapper and this is what I found..................





That's me!!!!!  Honestly, it is!!!   
Oh yes, and my quilt, hehehe............


I think that I told you that I won the Quilt Challenge at our local show didn't I..:o)???? Err, just once or twice I hear you all saying, hehehe! I did do a bit of bragging didn't I? Oh well, I just put this photo on FB to show my grandkids - hey look at Nana!! They'll be impressed I'm telling you, LOL!


I met a fellow blogger who is now a friend, in Daylesford today, we had a bite of lunch, coffee and a good old chat and as we were going our separate ways I told her to check out this months Homespun as I had heard that there was an article about the quilt show in it!!!!!!!! Didn't know that it would be me though.....


Ok, I'm going to buy another copy for mum and dad because they will think it's just the bees knees then my 15 minutes will be over..........sigh!!


Back to Camera Bag Mark 2, it's nearly finished and I'm excited about this one too. Thanks to all of you that have left encouraging feedback, it makes me feel that I could be on the right track. I don't want to make a fortune out of this, as my friend said today...egg money!! That's it isn't it, I'd just like to make a really good camera bag that I would be more than happy to carry around and make a little egg money to fuel my addiction, err, that would be the fabric addiction!! :o)

26 comments:

Ozjane said...

Congratulations....and I am glad that although you are speechless LOL, you are still able to write.
Great to share what you have been up to.
I have had a couple of quilts in mags years ago and until something happened to remind me this week, I had forgotten all about it.
Make sure you photocopy the page and frame it....just to remind you to keep sewing.

Deb said...

Wahoo, congrats Lizzie. Don't forget to autograph the copy for your Mum and Dad!!

SandyN said...

Wow.... congratulations... Great quilt and great photo. Now you can say you have been publish in Homespun...

Sandy N

Megan said...

Lizzie - congratulations on your 'win' in the local quilt show challenge. We were delighted to be able to publish an article about the show, featuring you and your quilt.

Megan Fisher
Technical Editor
Homespun magazine

Sew Useful Designs said...

Oh Lizzie, look at you, you famous gal, you!!!! :-) Gorgeous happy smile reflecting your gorgeous happy quilt! Can't wait to pick up a copy of Homespun now, and I'll be showing my family "That's Lizzie!!!!" he he...

Egg money or pin money?!!! lol Definitely FABRIC money! :-)

Hugs sweetie!! Vikki xx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Congratulations Lizzie...I thought that was you when I saw the pic!!! Hey you're famous now...Dzintra♥x

Kathie said...

oh how exciting!!!
I am so happy for you.
congrats
Kathie

Jodie said...

Lizzie, thats so exciting and its a great picture too !
I'll have to run out and grab a copy tomorrow !

Maree: said...

Many Congrats on your Magazine article..I bought a copy today but yet to open it...will spend a Quiet moment reading up on You over the weekend...
cheers

Jody said...

That's sooo exciting for you!!!! YAY! Bravo!

Meredith said...

congrats. cute photo. :)

Margaret said...

How cool is that?! Wow! Congrats on the photo. Well deserved too! I would buy extra copies for everyone in the family. lol! Good luck with the camera bag project!

Christine said...

woohoo how lovely I will go out and get the Magazine tomorrow.

cheers
Christine

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Greeat Lizzie! Told you it was a marvellous quilt! Looking forward to more camera bag photos:)

Tiffany said...

That's fabulous! Congrats to you!! :)

Seams Sew Together said...

Well done Lizzie!!

Frances Leate said...

Congratulations on the magazine article. I will go out tomorrow and get a copy so I can read all about it. How exciting!

Bobbie Ashley said...

Lizzie,

I so totally thrilled for you. You had better buy more than one copy! Giggle. Happy dance for you. It is lovely to see your own work in print. What a validation.

Cheers,
Bobbie

Teresa said...

WOW!! GREAT picture! (and GREAT quilt!)

I LOVE it when people I know get showcased...that is really fabulous!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

Exciting! Congratulations!

kim

Robin Hill Quilts~Eileen G. said...

WHOO~HOO!! Congratulations Lizzie!!! That is such a big deal winning and then your pic in the magazine!~
♥Eileen

Sue said...

Wow Lizzie, I'm thrilled for you. Can I tell people I knew you before fame?

Bizarre Quilter said...

Hi Lizzie, I deliberately came to find your blog today to tell you I saw your pic in Homespun mag!! What a great photo!! I remember how happy you were that day, it really shows in the photo. *hugs* Loz

Julie said...

How exciting!!!! I'll have to get a copy tomorrow and take a look.

Francien said...

What is this Lizzie??!...i come on to your blog after being away for a few days and what do you do??..lol...getting famous in the meantime!!...good for you...that must have bin a very pleasant surprise!...and you deserv that...that quilt was to cute!!...we dont have this magazine here or else i would be letting you sign it....lol..always fun to say"thats one of my "bloggingfriends"...it must be fun to know too that millions of quilters are seeing you and the quilt and reading the article and ...like me..save the magazine for many years to come..great...
Your camerabag is looking good too...strong and lots of spaces for every little thingies for the camera..waiting for the other one to finis..you will show us wont you?!

Khris said...

Fantastic Lizzie...Homespun is the best!!! Same issue that my FLower Power Accessories made it in too. Hugs Khris

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin