Sunday, 15 August 2010

Looking for sunshine..................

Does this look like sunshine?







Not really I guess, but it's a lot sunnier than it is outside. These gorgeous warm oranges, sunny yellows and zingy greens remind me of summer.......... sigh! 

It's so cold, wet and windy here .......again, I'm really, really over this wet weather..!


Anyway, wherever there's a little pile of tiny offcuts, there must be something to show..





I was thinking about the remaining blocks from my Bee Balm quilting bee and decided to bite the bullet so to speak and cut into my gorgeous stack of Frolic fat quarters..
I might do one more large block yet, I've made 17 stars so far and 16 plain blocks, I'll see how large that makes it before I make any more decisions! I really like the stars, the brown makes the zingy frolic colours pop right out, loving it....

8 comments:

Margaret said...

I love it! So bright and cheerful! This is going to be beautiful!

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

I agree with Mgt. It is a lovely assortment of colors and so cheerful too. I enjoy your blog from the San Francisco Bay Area in California - where summer never really arrives!

Tania said...

Why yes it does! Look like summer I mean. My feet started defrosting upon first sight...

Margaret said...

Summery colours to brighten our grey wet days , that's what I like.

Janet said...

I love stars and the fabrics look cheerful, great for gloomy weather.

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Lovely and so colourful!

Francien said...

It will be a beautiful quilt when its finished Lizzie...i love how you always use so much different colors...and they match so good together...to bad the Bee Balm did not work out...sad when people join and not take it seriously..
And the weather is changing here too...the ( awful to me) heat is gone...its now 18-20 degrees and thats enough for me...rainy and very windy...so the perfect Sunday to finish some "thingies"...have a great week...greetings Francien.

Sweet P said...

It does look like sunshine! I like it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin