Monday, 9 August 2010

Mark II.....

OK, so here's the second bag! I'm not that happy with this one, I think I have to do some more work on it.





It still has the padded dividers inside giving you three compartments, it does have more (and bigger) inside pockets but no outside pockets.





I think it's just the handle that I'm really not liking!!





Perhaps I should just get rid of it (the handle) and make another the same as this.........





I've been carrying this around for the last week. I took it to Daylesford on Friday, I took it to my Photography course on Saturday, I've been shopping and to my patchwork group and I'm pleased to say that it hasn't been uncomfortable once!!





In fact, I've been inordinately pleased with it. The pockets inside could be a bit bigger (hence the bigger ones in the new bag) and I think I would put a pocket on the back too. A full size one, across the whole width!! But for me, the best thing is that it carries well! The cord handle and the soft padding makes it slip resistant on the shoulder and when I put it across my body it doesn't dig into my neck and rub!! It just feels really, really nice to carry. I know it sounds like I'm blowing my own proverbial trumpet but that's just the way it is!


Comfortable!!


That's the only way to describe the way it hangs...........
I'm happy, well, I am with that one, still thinking about the green one!!

12 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

The bag looks great. The idea for the finish of the strap is cute, but maybe it seems bulkier than the other one? You are soooo clever!

Fiona said...

It looks great - Maybe you should reserve your verdict on the different strap until you have worn it because I think it looks great.

Hugs - Fee XXX

Sue said...

I love the new one too! Maybe bags are like children, some just fit in better but you love each one that comes along just as much.

Sue-Anne said...

I like it but I think you need to change the handle - something doesn't look right. I love your first bag with the outside pockets and your elephant charm is gorgeous!!!

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi darling! I'm loving the green bag too, I think the handle/strap is really cute! Gorgeous fabrics again too.

I love that the straps aren't non-slip, I hate having to keep pulling a bag up and on to my shoulder. You blow that proverbial trumpet sweetie!! I'm more than happy to hear it!!! :-)

Hugs! Vikki xx

Ozjane said...

She who is still to buy her digital sLR because she wants to use her Minolta SLR gear..and she can,,,with Sony, but of course it gets more interesting the longer you wait....full frame view is the new buzz word..and the cost went full frame also........
So....having explained that I can still carry my Konica DiMage around in a glasses case...I recall that I have one huge leather full hard framed super safe from a mountain falling on it, camera bag...it is heavy...but not bad to have in the car with all the spare lens in it.
But I also bought a couple of nice little softee ones that just might do the trick when we actually get to buy this thing.,,,
So........I am watching with interest...because I do like making bags, but each persons bag pockets would have to depend on the lens and size of same, that the own.
That was really clear wasn't it?

Margaret said...

Well I like it! I guess I see what you mean about the handle, but the concept behind it is great to me. I'm a green person, so this one is my favorite. :D Plus, I have to say I like the look of it with no pockets on the outside. Big pockets on the inside is good though. It would make a great purse even if one doesn't carry one's camera in it. lol!

Tiffany said...

I was going to say something about the elephant charm too - it's so cute!

I like the fabric on the second bag a lot, but I agree with you. The strap on the first bag looks better and it looks more functional. Being as short as I am, I like bags with adjustable straps... otherwise they hang down to my hind-end! I also like the pockets on the outside on the first bag. Do you think they could have some kind of closure so you wouldn't have to worry about things falling out? Maybe one of those magnetic snaps or a .... hm... don't know what to call it... a flap or tab maybe??

Like this: http://img.alibaba.com/photo/100243059/Ladies_Purses.jpg

Just a thought in case you try a bag number three.... what about outside pockets on the ends (just under where the strap connects.) One small for your cell phone, and the other larger for a water bottle. My purse has these little pockets and I use them more than any other part of the bag!!

I love these ideas! When you have finally settled on a design, I hope you'd be willing to take an order from the USA!!! :)

Leanne said...

A little tweeking is always good. I like the fabric you used.

faeryfay said...

I LOVE the green bag! LOVE, LOVE,LOVE it!:-)

Janet said...

I think your bags look great but fine tuning is always good if your not completely happy. I love the elephant charm a lot.

baukje said...

I love the first one, the colorcombination is very good. Th outside pockets look vary handy....
The second one's fabric is not my favorite, too light green for a bag that you will use a lot. And I think you're right about changing the straps, these are too ladylike for a camera bag....
Your quilt is gorgeous, I love the colors!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin