Sunday, 29 August 2010

Surf, Sand & Sunshine......

This is where I spent my afternoon today....





...with these gorgeous people....



..Matthew trying to escape the cold waves....





Sarah and Edie, sensibly staying away from cold waves, although you can see that the dogs had a good swim..





Em building her dam, every shot I got of her today was from behind..! The only way to get her face was to go into the water......errrr, no thanks.!!!!!





..eldest granddaughter Sam, looking very tired after her marathon 13th birthday party last night! A dozen girls stayed over watching scary movies, I think they got around three hours sleep..! Thankfully they were all in the games room out by the pool so apart from a few squeals and squeaks, it wasn't too bad..





..some beach flora..





..some beach wildlife...


Fish and chips for tea..! All in all a very satisfying day indeed.......

11 comments:

Ozjane said...

beautiful scenery and I would have once been out in the boat with Dad fishing and loving the cold. Now I have to go back to my pre 7 yrs of age and cosset myself during the winter.
So it looks wonderful, but cold and out of bounds to me.

Francien said...

Seems you have a lovely time Lizzie!!I love those "empty"beaches and walking the dog then...
Fish and chips for tea?! ...different...but hé...we are flexibel at our age arent we?!
have fun and enjoy every minute!!
greetings Francien

Margaret said...

Fantastic! Your grandchildren are beautiful! 13 years old -- sounds like she had a great party for sure! We just got back from vacation at the ocean. Love it!

Tiffany said...

What lovely photos! It looks heavenly and I'm jealous! I live in the middle of landlocked - over 1200 miles in any direction to find an ocean coast... there are a few lakes nearby, but nothing like this.

Cheri said...

What fun, I love going to the beach when it is cooler. great pictures, enjoy your time with grandkids and family.

baukje said...

It looks so great you and your family on the beach.....
Great pictures, you could smell the sea.....

ilsa-fay said...

What a gorgeous day!:-)

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Beautiful beach! Looks warmer in the photos :) What a lovely day for you all.

Jen said...

What a bragger you are...It all looks so lovely. I am most envious... I so miss the sunshine but hey, while I was working today the sun was out and it was warm here for a change.
Have a wonderful break with your gorgeous daughter and grandkids Lizzie...Miss you already! xxxx

Rafael's Mum said...

Gorgeous! and such lovely photos too. Have a great time!

Micki said...

What a gorgeous place Lizzie! That beach area reminded me of ours. I am so happy that you all loved it so!
Micki

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin