Monday, 16 August 2010

Wet day timetable............

In my daughters classroom of grade 1/2s they watch DVDs, tell story's and do crafty things when they have a wet day timetable for lunch and playtime. I decided that yesterday I would do crafty things for my wet day timetable..!!



..so I put my quilt top together, well almost!!
I ended up with 20 stars and 20 plain squares and I left it at the two large squares.



I have nearly stitched it all together, the bottom row is still loose and the large sections just have to be joined. Now I need to work out the borders..?? Hmmm?? Will I use an entirely different fabric or stick to the ones already in the quilt..?? I wonder.......

p.s. mother nature has just delighted me with a touch of alchemy. The cold, miserable, cold rain has just magically turned to snow!! It won't last I don't think, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be one of those days full of snow flurries............

9 comments:

Margaret said...

It's wonderful!!! I just love it! Good thing to do during the wet weather. (I prefer no snow myself. lol!)

paddysdaughter said...

Looks great - a bright and cheerful splash in this miserable winter! Snow here too for a little while but mostly rain and sleet. Stay warm....

Deb said...

I love this quilt - it's magic. Just right to chase away the chills.

BubzRugz said...

Wow - that looks fantastic now you have put it together...... it is wonderful... Lucky you with the snow - we have some of the spare cold wind up here in SE Qld!!
Hugz from Fiona

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Beautiful! The colours make me feel happy. Snow! Don't make me think of it yet ....

Jodie said...

Much better than 500 children cooped up inside kind of wet day timetable thats for sure.

Tara said...

I really like it! And I feel so special to be included in this quilt!

Francien said...

Its going to be lovely Lizzie...the fabric from the center of the stars would do great as a binding don`t you think?...the colors would pop out even more...very bright and cheerful quilt...love it!!how is the sewing on your new machine going?...guess there is a lot to explore and try out...are you going to machinequilt this one?..anyhow..whatever you are going to do its going to be awesome...
greetings Francien.

Solveig said...

What a beautiful quilt. Happy colors;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin