Monday, 20 September 2010

The benefit of rain...............

You need this....





...to get this....



pink Daffodil


...and this....



Crabapple buds


...and this....



Acer Negunda


...and this....



Magnolia

It's still raining today, but it's a very soft, gentle, misty rain. More like Autumn than Spring really. Mr Google is telling me it's still only 8c in Ballarat, which would make it..wait I'll go look on the verandah...7c!  How about that, nearly the same...!!! It doesn't feel that cold, probably because there's no wind today just heavy, thick grey clouds. Not bad at all really, all things considered I guess..!!


Did I tell you that our eldest granddaughter is flying out from W.A. on Wednesday? She'll be staying down in Geelong with her Aunty Bec (eldest daughter) whom she adores, for a week then up here to spend a week with nana and granddad before flying back home to Perth. Can't ask better than that can I...???

14 comments:

Margaret said...

What lovely pictures! I'm going to enjoy seeing your spring coming. :D Enjoy your granddaughter's visit!

paddysdaughter said...

Great shots Lizzie! Not raining here for a change, so might see what I can find outside too....

Sue said...

Beautiful pics Lizzie. We have no rain, therefore lots of dust and a few geraniums.
Not complaining we do have blue skies and warm sunshine.
Enjoy your big grandy, what fun.

Lurline said...

Great pics - love the magnolia! It will be great to have your visitors!
Hugs - Lurline♥

sewjournal.com said...

Gorgeous photos Liz. Just a quick update on your quilt for Sue. I hope you've got my blocks by now and also I blogged about your project here on my blog and I posted your button and gave your email address for people to contact you.
Cheers
Munaiba

Sew Useful Designs said...

Got to love those clouds and drizzles Lizzie! A little piece of England!! he he... actually I quite love this weather, especially seeing the garden coming to life again. I've always wanted a Magnolia tree, they're so gorgeous. Lovely new blog header Lizzie - as always!
Hugs! vikki xoxo

Seams Sew Together said...

Your photos are gorgeous!!! Love your
new header. How do you do that??

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

We have had lots of rain this week - so now the leaves are starting to change colour. How nice for you to have a visit from your granddaughter.
I see spring has made it to your blog header - pretty!

Francien said...

You leave your rainboots as they are Lizzie...no need to clean them up...we want to see more of those gorgious pictures!!...have fun with your granddaugther...make the most of a lovely week...rain or not...you think of something!!
greetings Francien.

Jody said...

it seems so odd that we are headed into autumn while you are welcoming spring! The beauty and wonder of the internet! Love your wellies!

Jen said...

Hello Lovely...I too love your header. It was like "Wow, Lizzie has changed her front picture. Amazing!"
Your spring flowers are simply gorgeous. They must love where they live as they certainly seem a happy bunch! Enjoy your time with Sam. I shall be pestering you soon enough! xxxx

Posie Patchwork said...

Stunning, reminds me i need new gum boots for next Winter. Love Posie

Sue-Anne said...

Your photos are beautiful. I love the pink daffodil, might have to get some bulbs of that for next year I think.

Your blocks for Sue will be posted today.

beebee said...

Lizzie
Your photos are beautiful.
It is the first day of Fall here in South Louisiana and we are still having 90 degree weather. We are ready for some cool weather.
beebee

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin