Sunday, 12 September 2010

Chit Chat and Lucky me...

I managed to get quite a bit of my Sue Spargo BoM stitched while I was away...





..I finished the large block with the birds, nearly finished the second block down and started the snowflakes block...





..which I love. I stitched this one on the plane coming home because I didn't have to keep changing thread colour, easy... It's looking good isn't it..? Can't wait to start on the tree block, that's next..


I was so lucky while I was over in W.A. The gorgeous Lurline gave me a gift when I went to her home...



...gorgeous fabric, a Kimmidoll, a magnet all in a beautifully made little bag. That wasn't all though, Julia had made this for me..

..this adorable needle case, forgive the dreadful photograph (I think I need more lessons) I don't know what happened, but believe me when I say that it's gorgeous..
Thank you both.


Michele and I had a little private swap going, just between the two of us, for a little something appliqued. I, me, myself have been very, very lax and I haven't finished my swap for Michele but she being so much more organised maybe, has finished mine. This is what arrived in my post office box last week...





..I've long admired all the photo's I see of Cardinals on blogs from the US. We of course don't have them here, so imagine my absolute delight to see that Michele had made me a little quilt with an applique Cardinal on it....Perfect.





Can you see Michele, it's sitting up above my machine at the moment, I love it. Michele also included some magazines that I hadn't seen. Thank you so much Michele and I am working on yours, I'm getting there....


If that wasn't lucky enough for one week (insert very big grin) I recieved this in the mail on the same day...





...I know, I know, it's Sue Spargo...!!!! An elephant pin keeper kit no less....!!! You know that song that Kylie used to sing, 'I should be so lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky......' Well I am. Margaret sent me this because she said she saw it and thought of me..??? Oh my, this blogging community is awesome... Thank you Margaret, I've already told you that I love, love, love it!! I do, really I do...

I don't know why I can't get my links to the same size font as the rest of my post, this has been happening since I changed the layout, hmmm, I might have to investigate this..

See you soon...

11 comments:

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

Pretty pretty items to delight you; thanks for sharing. Bloggers are amazing people !~!

Sue said...

So many beautiful things. How wonderful they all are... both the gifties and the blocks you have done. It's all your doing that I'm such a Sue Spargo fan. I'm hooked on her designs too now.

Rafael's Mum said...

You did very well on your blocks!! And what a lovely things... I can see you had a great trip!

Margaret said...

I'm so glad you like the pin keeper kit! And your Sue Spargo blocks -- wow! They're wonderful! You did a lot while on your trip! Sounds like you had a wonderful time -- and got some nice gifties too! Love the cardinal piece you received for your exchange too.

Francien said...

I have to take a closer look at Sue Spargo designs...must admit i have seen some of her designs...i oalso love what you have made.... but never took the time to go to her blog...well i did a while ago and i became a follower of her blog too...love it!! and can see why you do...
and such lovely presents you received...the little quilt looks great ion your wall...
greetings Francien...
...

BubzRugz said...

Lovely things to keep you busy.... I enjoyed your pictures on the last couple of blogs too....
Hugz

Maree: said...

Your Sue Spargo blocks are Fab Lizzie Especially Love the Birds...Looks like you had a Lovely Time in WA with Blogging Friends recieving all your Goodies...
cheers

Sue-Anne said...

Hi Lizzie, I love your Sue Spargo blocks - they look fantastic, especially that row of birds!!!!!
And your gifts are beautiful, cant wait to see the elephant made up.

soggybottomflats said...

You lucky girl you! Great little gifties and the cardinal is gorgeous. I love Micheles applique, so darn perfect! It sounds like you had a splendid time, good for you. Take care little one, Elaine

Julia said...

Your Sue Spargo BoM is coming along beautifully Lizzie..
Glad you had a great time over here, we enjoyed your company for that lovely day together..
Still cold here, come on spring, where are you!
Julia ♥

baukje said...

Lucky you. I am also a Sue Spargo Fan. This year in spring I saw her work in Nantes (France) ad I met her. She is such a sweet lady and her work is GORGEOUS.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin