Tuesday, 21 September 2010

I need a bigger post box............

We don't have mail delivery here, we have to drive down to the local post office where Monica and Sue very ably manage all the mail for our little village. This morning the parcel shelf was bulging with packages for me and my little post office box was full to overflowing.....





..I've put a list on the sidebar of names of gorgeous people that have sent blocks, some of you have just put your name on the envelope, some have sent lovely cards and notes............





I did (for a minute) think about taking individual photo's of all these blocks, but honestly, I'd be here all day putting them up...
Look at how gorgeous they all are....!!!


I don't want to single any out more than others, but I know you'll all appreciate seeing these....





..isn't this amazing, thank you so much Lola. Beautiful..
And this....





..from Patrizia, a whole small quilt top for goodness sake..!!
Your generosity is amazing, thank you all....

14 comments:

Christine said...

This is wonderful, I do hope mine gets to you very soon, hopefully tomorrow.
I didn't include a card either as I didn't have one at home and am not feeling 100%, hope you don't mind.

hugs
Christine

Rafael's Mum said...

This is fantastic Lizzie! What a great response and lovely blocks!

There is more coming as several UK friends have blogged about it and I am collecting the UK booty which I am sending to you in one go when I have got them.

Julie said...

Yikes. Pretty good orphans to have hiding in the cupboard.

Sue said...

Wow, I'm sure you'll be able to quilt the town by the time they all arrive. I hope the PO girls have been doing their weight lifting exercises.

Julia said...

How wonderful Lizzie...
That basket block is so lovely, as I'm sure everything will be...
The girls are amazing!
Julia ♥

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

Fantastic Nice to see you are getting lots of generous help. I sent an email but i haven't heard from you so maybe it didn't go through? I'm happy to send some blocks to you :)

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

I just read you were from Ballarat! Small world. We live out of Ballarat a bit but the kids go to school there and I shop in and hubby works in Ballarat

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

I just read you were from Ballarat! Small world. We live out of Ballarat a bit but the kids go to school there and I shop in and hubby works in Ballarat

Cat B said...

These blocks are gorgeous! Lucky Lucky Sue -
I've had people from as far as Portugal offering to send blocks for the kidlets in Christchurch xxx people are so kind aren't they.
Also my blocks are on the way to you - I'm making MORE! xxx
I never thought about getting a PO box though - hmmmm
Cat xxx

Margaret said...

How wonderful! I'm so glad you had a great response! That applique block is amazing as is the rail fence!

Francien said...

Wauw...lovely that somany has respond Lizzie...i hope my little contribution is there in time...it takes a lot of days from Holland to your postbox...some amazing creations you have received already...they look amazing....greeting Francien.

baukje said...

Really amazing. I've mailed mine yesterday, I hope it will arrive soon.

crafty pug said...

so glad it is all coming together. can't wait to see it all finished - will be a true masterpiece of love
xx

baukje said...

I gave you a blogaward but don't feel obliged to accept it.....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin