Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Lal Lal Falls........

I've got lots to show this week but I thought that I would show you these photo's first.
We've had some blue sky's, sunshine and a light breeze here today so I took myself off to have a look at the Lal Lal Falls. With all the rain we've had over the last couple of months I'd heard that it was falling well....





..over the last few years while we've been in drought there have been years when no water at all has spilled over the edge...





..but today, the trek along the muddy walkway was well worth the effort...





..the water was roaring and thundering theatrically over the edge....





..it's only a small waterfall as they go, but it's local, close by and running..! Doesn't get better than that...

13 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

Great there is some water after all the drought, even though maybe you are not too keen on all the rain! but hey, fire on.. needle at the ready... Lovely photos. I love seeing where you live!

Sue said...

It's like your own private waterfall. Wonderful.

Sue-Anne said...

Apart from people who have been directly affected with the floods, it is so nice to have a big dump of rain and all the rivers and creeks are going to receive a much needed new lease of life. Love the photos of the falls.

Chookyblue...... said...

small but impressive.........I love water falls but the ost I can manage within lots of kms' are less then a foot in the drains along the side of the road running into the creek........wished i had something like this close by........but it is too flat where i live........

Margaret said...

Very pretty! I hope the flooding hasn't affected you where you are. It must be nice to have a waterfall close by!

Cathy said...

How lovely to live close by to this (even though it has been dry for so long), very impressive pics. xo

Ozjane said...

Isn't the rain just so wonderful.

Mersad said...

Truly great. Love the first one!

traveldestination said...

Beautiful pictures for falling water i love such scenes.
I usually go to river side for getting some glimpse of such alluring water sky meeting scenes.
If you want to book holidays or specialized packages then southalltravel can be right hand to help you all your necessary articles.

soggybottomflats said...

Lucky you Lizzie, to be able to witness this! Thank you so much for sharing, Elaine

Micki said...

What wonderful pics! It was great seeing them!
Micki

Annie said...

FANTASTIC shots of the falls Lizzie - WOW!

Teresa said...

Great photos!! I love waterfalls! I still remember the first time I saw Niagara Falls (kind of a big thing in U.S.A and Canada...), I actually fainted...really! Plop, there I went.

What do you use to watermark your photos with your name and date??

In stitches,
Teresa ;o)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin