Thursday, 23 September 2010

More Generosity in the mail....

Today I agreed to leave a canvas shopping bag at the post office so that the girls can just put all my mail in there...





More fabulous blocks....



..... AND I haven't mentioned the chocolate, fabric (to help with backing) little pattern (thank you Frances) and words of encouragement from everyone. Paula, it is perfect, the love, care and support everyone has shown makes every single block a perfect block sent with love.


Thank you Christine for this beautiful eye candy...





Can I just say that the little 4" squares that have been sent are fabulous, they will be wonderful for fillers and helping fit everything together...


Did I tell you what my Railway Man said the other day? Well, he works in the city of Melbourne and he drives suburban trains and sometimes he comes home deeply disturbed with things he's seen and things that happen on the trains. Bashings, fighting, attacks on helpless people, not everyday and not all the time but enough to make him very happy to make the hour drive home on the freeway to our little rural idyll ...!!
Anyway, what he said was that "On days when suicides, bashings and people spitting at him because the train is late, make him wonder why he bothers, he can think of all the women around the world that came together because one of them needed support, and it will remind him that the world will be OK, there is still more good than bad."


I couldn't have put it better...............
xxx

I wanted to mention that if you have sent me an email and haven't heard back from me, it means that you're coming up as 'no reply' and I can't reply back to you. You need to check your settings to see if you have your email in there..!!  Thanks xxx

10 comments:

Cat B said...

WOW he summed it up beautifully didn't he!

Jeanette said...

I agree Lizzie, couldn't have said it better. Hugs, Jeanette

Sue said...

Lovely comments by your RM. Made me all misty eyed.

Dot said...

Your husband has an extremely difficult job. I'm so pleased this little gift that we are able to make for your dear friend is also blessing him. It's so wonderful.

Margaret said...

So wonderful! Your lovely husband is so right!

Fiona said...

I can see why you have kept your railway man- He has a caring heart and is very wise :)

Hugs - Fee XX

Micki said...

Your husband is quite the guy...It reminded me so much of what Anne Frank said in her book.
Micki

Christine said...

so very true, there is more good than bad

take care and give that wonderful husband of yours a great big hug

Christine

Lurline said...

We all love him - so many out there would agree with him - they just can't put their thoughts into words!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Esther said...

Your husband is so right. These blocks and this response is just beautiful.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin