Friday, 22 October 2010

Here's the backing....

..but first this block came yesterday from Joanne..



..thanks Joanne, just in time to go in the backing.


I put the backing together today, it actually went together really quickly..........





..the hard part today was finding somewhere to hang it out of the wind so that I could take a photograph..!! I love this one though..





...billowing in the sunshine looking through the back.
I hope you can find your block in the quilt or backing, if not it will be on it's way to New Zealand next week. I'm making a couple of cushions with some large blocks and Baukje, I haven't put your beautiful little block in the quilt because I'm worried about washing. The quilt will be in a nursing home/hospital environment and I am guessing will have to stand up to washing. I thought that I would use it to make a book to hold all the cards and notes that came with blocks..!


Now...........quilting...!!!
xxx

11 comments:

Melody said...

Absolutely beautiful. You have done a wonderful job.

Sue said...

Once you get going you fly........Great job and I love how you are treating every little bit with love and care.

Posie Patchwork said...

Check that out, wow wee, an awesome effort, love Posie

Margaret said...

It's wonderful! A labor of love for sure.

Laurie said...

OH MY! Look how beautiful that is! The way you put the colors together are amazing!! Just beautiful!!!!

beebee said...

It's beautiful Lizzie! She will love it.. I see my little Sun Bonnet Sue on it...My prayers are with you as you finish this precious gift for "our quilting sister"
beebee

Pokey said...

Oh, so very pretty!

baukje said...

Congrats Lizzie, the result is great. You did lovely work. You look quite satisfied on the on the other picture and you are right!!!!!
What a lovely idea to make a book with al the comments.
happy quilting!!!!!!!

AdyQuilts said...

Great job, truly a labour of love. Thank you for letting us quilters become a small part of it.
Ady

Annie said...

Wow it looks amazing you have done a fantastic job. It is so special that so many people have contributed, thanks for the opportunity to be part of it.

pratima said...

Hi Elizabeth, the backing and the quilt top are wonderful! The blocks look so beautiful together :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin