Saturday, 2 October 2010

Living in the 70's..............

Last night our eldest daughter surprised her husband with a 70's themed party for his 40th birthday. Everyone got in the spirit (no not that spirit, a party spirit) and dressed for the occasion...


Left to right, Caitlin, Rebecca, the birthday boy son-in-law Tony and Ryan...



...here's Con,Denise, Tony, my sister-in-law Sue and my brother Bob, who I have to say looked quite handsome in his 70's suit and shirt, he did say though that he had a terrible job getting in those trousers...!!

One for the girls, Bec, her friend Naomi and Denise...



and lastly Samantha and Caitlin looking fabulous in their seventies gear....



If anybody took a half decent photo of the railway man and I, I'll show you, but then again, maybe not..!! I don't think it actually was a pretty site, aging hippies very rarely are :o)


Did you notice I've updated the list on the side again?? 91 people listed there, I can't believe that so many wonderful people have sent blocks, fabric, chocolate and little gifties- very big smile!!
These are the blocks that arrived on Tuesday, sorry for the delay putting the photo's up, it's been a busy week on our rural plot...



These below are Wednesday's blocks...

...thank you Sarah for the darling little pin cushion and the chocolate lady bird, that did a pretty quick disappearing act I can tell you :o). Eileen, thanks for letting me put your pretty little block in Sue's quilt.


On Thursday these arrived...

Thank you Gerda for the lovely, tinkly heart, it's hanging above my computer now and when the window is open the breeze will make it sing and I will think of you. Laurie thanks for the tip about taking a photo and converting to black and white, that's going to make a huge difference, I always wondered how you got Terry's quilt so harmonious, thanks.


Lastly for this week, these all came in Friday's mail..

Thanks to everyone, especially to Heather, for taking blocks from your current project and then calling your new design 'Sue's Stars'...




I just have to show you this little block by Baukje....



This is what she said in her email to me..


"Hi Lizzie,
I just read your post. I am not a real quilter But i still have a wool appliqued block, embroidered with silk thread. in the Sue Spargo style. I made it for a bag but did not use it yet. I want to send it to you for the quilt that you want to make for your friend Sue. Do you think it could be useful for the quilt? If so send me your address and I'll mail it this week."


Well Baukje, I have to say even though you may not consider yourself a 'real' quilter, I'm sure everyone will agree with me when I say you are an amazing woman! Thank you for your beautiful block, I am honoured to include it...


Thank you everyone of you-again...!!

11 comments:

Maree: said...

Oh Lizzie what an Overwhelming Response you have had with these Blocks...Amazing!!..so Glad you have your quilting group to help you put then together..I wouldn't know where to start...Good Luck & Big Hugs to You.
cheers

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Looks like a fun party!
That quilt is going to be enormous! :)

Sue said...

Yikes! I had an outfit just like Denise's.... complete with Carnaby St cap.
All Sue's blocks are looking wonderful. I wish I could be there when you work out what goes where. I wouldn't know where to start either Maree!

Kate said...

That looks like such a fun night! I would have loved to see a picture of you too though.
I am astounded by the amount of blocks you are receiving for the quilt. It must be fun opening them all but I seriously have no idea how you are going to sew them all together.
Have a wonderful Sunday. X

Margaret said...

The party looks like it was tons of fun! I'd love to see a pic of you and your man! :D

That quilt is going to be massive! How wonderful that so many have contributed! I hope it goes together easily.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

WOW- what a fantastic response...so many pretty blocks!

Cat B said...

Well I simply love the appliqued bird, the hexies, the wool applique, AND reading the list of where in the world the blocks have come from.
You've had a simply amazing response, this is great!
Can't wait to see the finished result.
Cat xxx

beebee said...

Hi Lizzie
did you get my blocks yet. I hope they get to you soon.
The blocks you have pictured on the site are beautiful. I can not wait to see the completed quilt
hugs from Louisiana,USA
beebee

sue spargo said...

Baukje I love your block! What a wonderful quilt this will be Lizzie.

Valentina said...

What gorgeous blocks, and Baukje, your block will set the tone for the rest of the quilt!
Lizzie, I am so happy to see my little block arrived.
I wish I could do more and help you put the quilt together. It is already such a special quilt!
I am sure Sue will feel all the love sent her way.
:)

baukje said...

Thank you Lizzie for your kind comment. I am looking forward to see the quilt.
Did you see the giveaway on my blog?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin