Sunday, 3 October 2010

Old Hippie's Never Die............

...but they should fade away gracefully...!!!
These are the only photo's that you will ever, ever see of me looking like this! But we did have such a great night and my cheeks ached by the end of the night from laughing, you asked for it so here we are..





..the very long blonde wig was hot, itchy and drove me insane, but the railway man loved his Afro. This is what the 'Ban the Bomb' sign is hiding...





....I spent most (well it seemed like it) of the 70's pregnant and giving birth to our five children, all born between '70 & '78!! So it caused great hilarity amongst young and old that I was a pregnant hippie. I was just following the instructions on the sign....
My 'bump' was Ryan's soccer ball and kept falling out and bouncing around the floor.


I waited for my midwife to arrive.....





..best friend for ever Jen (yes she is a midwife) who promptly comforted the father of the bouncing baby ball, as was the practice in the 70's......





...I felt soooo much better after the delivery and the kids pinched the wig..!!




The moral of this story (and photo's) is that we only have a short time in this life and tomorrow is a mystery so enjoy the today and don't worry about the small things. As long as you can laugh and enjoy yourself that's all that matters....
xxx

24 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh Lizzie, what a fabulous post and great pics! Looks like you guys had so much fun, a pregnant hippie, what a blast! xo

CHRIS said...

Ha ha Lizzie you look far out! You wear it well - hang on thats a song isn't it? Glad you had fun. chrisb xx

Cat B said...

Oh gosh I love it!!
Thanks for sharing :)
I especially love that dress at the end worn with white tights and white boots! Wahoooooo I want one!

Lurline said...

Growing old DISGRACEFULLY - I love it!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Jeanette said...

Thansk for sharing Lizzie. You both looked great & sounds like everyone had a fabulous time. Hugs, Jeanette

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

I love this post. The message is spot on and the photos of such merriment. Your costumes were so clever! LOVELOVELOVE it.
kim

Sue said...

It looks like you had so much fun. I bet there was a Combi parked outside too!
Hooray for flower power.

Julie said...

wow! looks like you all had a really groovy night lizzie.
and you're so right..... make the very most each day.
hugs, julie
xox

Margaret said...

Aging hippies , look like they enjoyed the seventies, great photos all of them .

Scottish Nanna said...

It Looks like you both had A ball?well you know what I mean he he he .
Hugs Mary.

Julia said...

Far out Lizzie...you all look gorgeous!
Hey, nothing wrong with having a bit of fun and Growing old DISGRACEFULLY!...

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Great costumes! You look fab!

Kate said...

Looks like great fun Lizzie! I love that your midwife was there to complete the picture.

Jan said...

What a fun night. Great costume, Lizzie - even better without the wig and the ball though!

Sue said...

Lizzie, you certainly look like you had fun.
I have been without access to internet (travelling between Sydney and Gold Coast)until tonight and only just read your comment that I am coming up no reply blogger. I will have to fix that, actually I am working with 2 gmail accounts and it has got confusing. So if there is still a spot for the "bee" that would be great if not maybe next time
Sue

Sue said...

Hi again I have been playing with blogger and now have set it up with my new email address hopefully it will work and not come back no reply

beck said...

Great post Lizzie! I loved all the photo's and especially the message at the end, so true. Great to see you having such a fun time xo

Margaret said...

Oh I love it! What cute hippies you two make! And the bouncing baby ball too! lol! Thanks for posting the pics -- fantastic! I love your philosophy too -- you're so right.

Francien said...

You sure know how to make fun Lizzie...what a lovely pictures...brings back memories..and i know to well that laughter makes the dark clouds fade away...works all the time...greetings Francien.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a fabulous post..you all look great! Love the pregnant hippie look! LOL

Julie said...

How funny. You look great!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, I just love this! You guys all look fabulous. Such fun!!

Valentina said...

Hilarious! And I agree, being able to laugh at ourselves is the best way to put things in perspective. I loved the bouncy ball baby!

Keri said...

you're too groovy! love the post and great photos. fabulous.

Keri

www.alwayscurtsywhenyousneeze.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin