Thursday, 7 October 2010

You'll need a cuppa........

... while you look at all these blocks!


First off here's yesterday's mail...





...and today's...



Do you see the lovely blue embroidered block, I know it's from Spain but I can't read who it's from!! If it's yours will you email me and let me know your name please? Thanks :o)
 thank you Maria xx


I went to my patchwork group today and took all the blocks with me, the room at the Community House that we meet in is quite a large room with lots of uncluttered floor space plus a small staircase (about 10 steps I think) that leads up to a small storage room..! I'm telling you this because I need you to imagine how high I had to go to take the following photographs..!!





I decided that I needed to show you all the blocks I have received so far, I know there are still some on the way so the list isn't finished yet!! I had no hope of spreading them out at home to photograph so I thought that I could spread them out on the floor, climb the staircase and 'click', job done..!!





I put blocks down, spread them out, climbed the stairs, took two or three shots. Came back down the stairs, picked up the blocks, put them back in the box...





..got the next pile, put them down on the floor one by one, climbed the stairs, took the shots went back down and picked them up...





..put them away, got the next pile....and on and on...





..by the time I had finished with all the blocks bigger that about 6", I had taken off my jumper and boots and if I haven't lost 2" off my not inconsiderable waist line with all the bending and picking up, I'll want to know why not !!





So then I got crafty and spread the smaller blocks out on the tables...





..and more..





..and more..





See what I mean??


You are all amazing, I'm totally blown away.....

I hope you can see your blocks there, I haven't counted and I'm not going to, all I know is that I love each and everyone of you for what you have done for me.. 


You can see that there are far more blocks than anyone needs for one large quilt so I'm working on a couple of other ideas too. I want to try and take one block from everyone and put them all in one quilt for Sue, some for the front and some for the back! There is absolutely no reason why I can't make a totally reversible quilt is there..??

28 comments:

Esther said...

oh wow! What potential!
It's coming together so beautifully... I can't wait to see the end result

Mª Clara Lloveras said...

Hi, I´m Maria clara from Spain. I made this small blue block!.
The quilt it´s very lovely!, I can´t wait to see the end result, too! It´s very amazing.

Julie said...

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!!!!

Melody said...

It is pretty amazing really and does make you feel very proud of the wonderful blogging, quilting community out there.

Julia said...

OMG Lizzie,,,the girls are amazing.
What a fab quilt/ quilts it will be..
Julia ♥

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wow what generosity from everyone...you got enough for 3 or 4 quilts there..how wonderful!

BTW word verification "bulges"..how apt..bulging with pride, bulging with love...or busting the bulge with all the up and down you did! :o)

simplestitches said...

how wonderful...so many gorgeous blocks!

Kathie said...

I would chose the blocks you think she would love most make her a quilt , then make another quilt or two or three it looks like and let her chose who you donate it to...
Kathie

Rebecca said...

Lovely just lovely
Hugs Bec

Margaret said...

Fantastic! And what a great way to lose some weight too! lol! Although the bending over is not my idea of fun. Ugh! Love all the blocks! A reversible quilt -- great idea!

young by design said...

Wow! Who would have thought that a quilt with so many different types and colors of blocks would be so beautiful! Your friend is going to love it! Can't wait to see how it all comes together.

Cathy said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Amazing blocks and amazing feat of photography!!! Perhaps you need a stitch day where anyone living in the area (even if we are about 5 hours away) need to come over and help you stitch these up, hint hint!!!! I think reversible quilts are wonderful! xo

Laurie said...

Reversible - such a good idea!! You will love putting all these blocks together! They will always hold a special place in your heart as well as all the senders!! Terry sent me a picture the other day of the final quilt we made for her - I recognized all the blocks and it made me feel SO good to see them again! What a blessing we've been given :)

The Calico Quilter said...

Please contact me offline with your address so I can send blocks too. What a lovely outpouring of affection you have received! Thanks, jcquilter@comcast.net

Sue said...

Seeing them all like that makes me all warm amd fuzzy. I hope you have a team of helpers nearby. It looks like you'll need them.
Amazingly wonderful.

Nancy-Jane said...

You are doing a wonderful thing. The quilt will be beautiful. I think a reversible quilt sounds like an absolutely wonderful idea. I hope you'll have some help..it looks like a lot of stitching will be involved.
Hopefully, my blocks from the USA will be there within the next week.
Nancy

Francien said...

Aren`t bloggers the best Lizzie??...you only have to call- out for a very good course and the blocks are flying in..and i believe there a more on the way...you have your work cut out for you in the next few weeks i guess..what a great idea to make a reverseble quilt for Sue...and i must admit...i love the idea to maybe have a block in it too ..what a great blocks you have received..great colors and patterns and there are still more blocks on the way...thank you for the lovely pictures..
greetings Francien.

Micki said...

Love your blocks Lizzie! All of them are so pretty!
Micki

Sheila said...

Lizzie , it is truly amazing how generous the quilting community is and how beautiful the blocks are , I think your idea of a reversible quilt is wonderful :-)Can' wait to see this finished .
Sheila

Cat B said...

Lizzie this is an amazing collection of love for Sue and I think a reversible quilt is also a lovely idea.
I also liked the idea of asking Sue who she'd like extra quilts being donated to OR if she is in a hospice or similar you could donate to them to raffle for fundraiser OR send to NZ for the quilts to comfort the children of Christchurch OR I'm sure there are endless possibilities xxx
Well done you for doing this for Sue, she is blessed to have a friend in you xxx

soggybottomflats said...

What a humbling experience to be part of this awesome project...thank you Lizzie, for the opportunity to enrich my life by what you do. Cheers my friend, Elaine

baukje said...

How amazing! All these blocks from people who don't know your friend.... It gives me a warm feeling!!

Maree: said...

WOW!..Mind Blowing..Glad you have Help putting them together...Great Job on the Photo Shoot.
cheers

Joke said...

Happy to see what this community can do, blogging can be a blessing!

Annie said...

wow, what a lot of lovely blocks here. I think double sided is a great idea

sewcolorful said...

My block is on its way from Canada. Hope it makes it to you very soon.
-Jen

Sue-Anne said...

Hi Lizzie, Wow you have so many blocks! Isn't it wonderful, the support you have received from bloggers all over the world. I think you will have enough blocks for several reversible quilts!

Raewyn said...

Fabulous Lizzie - what an amazing response you have had!!Great to see the photos of them all. Have fun with them!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin