Sunday, 28 November 2010

It's that time of the year again......

...you know, lots of secret stuff happening. Lots of 'I can't show you just in case someone is watching.....!' stuff, you know don't you, we all do it don't we..? So anyway I can show you these blocks for one of the online bees that I'm part of. This one is eleven Australians and a lone New Zealander and is on Flickr so I always forget to post the blocks on here. Anyway, December is my month, actually it's Dec/Jan to give everyone a bit more time over the Christmas holidays. I'm making another 'grown up' quilt for another granddaughter's birthday so I decided that I would have this as my bee quilt. Edie (Eden) will be 12 next May and appropriately I thought it would be lovely to use 'Eden' by Lila Tuella for Moda.....





Of course it's such a gorgeous fabric anyway, so there will be 12 blocks like this one in this 'Charming Stars' pattern from the Moda Bake Shop. I haven't quite decided yet what else I'm going to do with it, but I really love this pattern, so for my second block I had the bee girls make me another one but this time in this...



(excuse the terrible photo, it's really Kona Ivory, not pink in the middle. The weather is so horrible here right now, not good photo weather at all)


..Bliss by Bonnie & Camille for Moda, it's just that isn't it...Bliss!! I love it and it's for me, me, me, me..! Did I say that the Bliss quilt is for me?? Hehehe. love it..


Remember the other day when I took you for a walk around my lovely sunny garden..? Hmmm, well, since then we've had huge amounts of rain, one of the driveways is still flooded, the shed/garage is flooded, much to The Railway Mans disgust as all his timber is now wet?? The dam is full, both the little pond in the house garden and the big pond are overflowing, the courtyard is under 6" of water and the garden areas have so much water in them that it oozes out when you walk on the grass. My lovely fluffy poppies are now bowing their heads with the weight of the water...





...and lose their petals with the slightest wind..





..of course, all this rain does make for some great shots of raindrops on roses



...and whiskers on puppies





Isn't she gorgeous..? Of course she is, and settling in very well too. Sleeping, eating, playing and you know what else constantly...! She's adored and adoring, she's made her place in the house and our hearts. She plays and rolls around with Miss Martha and we spend a huge amount of time watching them while the TV plays to itself. She's just started to give little barks when she's playing but if Martha barks she runs and hides under the chair, just peeping that little black nose out to check it's all clear...!
I'm off now to do some more secret sewing, I can't wait to show you what I've done..! I'm ridiculously pleased with myself because I've quilted a whole quilt on the machine, don't laugh, it's a huge achievement for me. Nothing fancy, but it's quilted and ready for binding and it only took me two days...........Wow, I'm clever :o)
xxx

12 comments:

Kate said...

Hi Lizzie, What a pretty star block - I'm keen to see how you put them together. K (PS Mollie is adorable)

Maree: said...

Love both your blocks in both fabrics they are Gorgeous...Great Job on doing your own quilting it's a Great Feeling to have done it yourself don't you think...as long as you are happy with it that's all that matters...no Quilt Police here...
cheers

Sue said...

I had intentions of doing your Eden and Bliss blocks today but just had to sleeeeeeeep instead. All these late nights sewing finally caught up with me. Love the poppy, rose and puppy pics as always

Margaret said...

Beautiful blocks!!! I love the Bliss! I bet Eden will love her Eden quilt. :D Can't wait to see your secret stuff. Bummer about the flooding. At least it's not in the house, right? And that cute little puppy! So adorable!

Bobbie Ashley said...

A finished quilt, how wonderful!
Just love your colors.

Cheers,
Bobbie

Rebecca said...

She is Gorgeous and looks like butter wouldn't melt.
The blocks look great and sad that I missed out on the Bee are you doing another one, if so put me down
Hugs Bec

Rafael's Mum said...

gorgeous! all of it !!

Faeryfay said...

Gorgeous fabric, flowers and puppy!:-)

Margaret said...

Scrolled down and had a look artt the sunny garden, just lovely and my kind of garden. The rainy one has acharm also, so much colour in the garden and in the blocks.

Melody said...

Beautiful work and I adore seeing your little puppy - she melts my heart.

Catherine said...

Your puppy is gorgeous I love her
And those blocks are lovely

ps: your parcel hasn't arrived yet I do hope it hasn't gone missing ;'(

taylorsoutback said...

Such a happy post - happy fabrics! And your Miss Molly is just too much for words...we have a Molly too (our middle child - a Sheltie) and she sends greetings across the ocean.
Have a good weekend

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin