Tuesday, 23 November 2010

The sun's been shining so come for a walk in the garden with me...

The weather has finally warmed up here and with all the rain we've had this year the garden is looking really green and lush, so grab a cuppa and come for a wander down my garden paths....



This garden bed is next to the verandah and is what I see when I'm sat at my computer in my sewing room, I love watching the changing seasons through this window...

..right now I'm really happy that the sun is shining, the wind is from the north and warm..

..and all's well with my little world..

..oh look, the new assistant gardener (please ignore the large prickly weeds..sigh)

..turn around the corner and the May bush is lighting up the shadows...

..the Dogwood is in full bloom..

...tiny Geraniums....

...and Seaside Daisies line the paths...

..Catmint catchs the early morning sun..

..bright yellow Geum's...

..and lurid pink Cistus flowers..

..are calmed by the quiet and majestic beauty of the California Tree Poppy, just getting ready to open it's giant 'fried egg' flowers.



Hmmm, here she is again, she's just learnt to get up the two steps by herself, not bad really, it only took her two days..

Seduction...

..and a tenant..

..inside the creamy freckled flowers of the Foxglove...

..a bright, brassy Paeony flower..

..an Australian rose from Alistair Clarke, I can't remember the name but it's amazing in the shade. (Edit: It's Lorraine Lea, thanks Vireya) Here it's climbing up the trunk of the Curly Willow beautifully...

Miss Martha and her new shadow, and finally.....

..the view from the gate into the house garden looking back to the house. As you're looking at it from there, the garden I can see from my window is to the right, the one with the snowball tree. The window of my room is just to the left of the pots you can see on the verandah, that's where I'm sitting now, looking out to the gate and thinking how lucky I am...





28 comments:

Fiona said...

Gorgeous pics Lizzie - I love your new addition too... Our maltese shitzu is now 2 years old and he is the love of my life (Toby).

Hugs - Fee X

Cat B said...

Your garden is stunning!! !!
As is the latest addition to your family.
No mail yet ;'( it must be mid air somewhere

Cathy said...

I love looking at your blog, and your pictures. In Canada, where I live, it is almost full winter. And, when the wind blows from the north, here, it is very cold. It is strange to think that, where you are, it is almost summer.

Julie said...

Beautiful blooms Lizzie, especially those fluffy ones.

Bobbie Ashley said...

Oh how green I am , what a beautiful garden. Here in Texas everything gets eaten by the sun. Just gorgeous. Thanks for all of the beautiful pictures, may I live vicariously? Give that new family member a big hug for me.

Cheers,
Bobbie

Kali said...

Lizzie what an amazing photographer you are, and such a fabulous garden too. I see the new assistant is settling in really well..so so gorgeous.

Margaret said...

What a beautiful garden you have! Your photography is amazing! And your new little one is sooo cute! I'm glad to have seen Miss Martha as well -- don't think I've seen her before. Hope she's enjoying her new shadow.... :D

paulette said...

I agree with Cathy!! Hard to believe that you are in your garden smelling roses and playing with your cute pup and we are in parkas shoveling snow!! Ahhhh...summer!!
Take care and enjoy that gorgeous garden!@
Paulette

Lisa Martin said...

Garden=WOW, Cute puppy really cute. no sun here Just lots and lots of SNOW.

soggybottomflats said...

Yes you are a lucky girl Lizzie, thank you so much for sharing your amazing garden with us, and your new assistant! Lots of hugs, Elaine

BubzRugz said...

Lovely pictures of your garden - looks so pretty and colourful... spring is wonderful...
Hugz

Bron66 said...

What a beautiful garden!! How do you do that?

Blanca Abreu González said...

BEAUTIFULL GARDEN , I LIKE VERY ...KISSS

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Beautiful! We are having a bare frost period - everything is frozen and glittering. Brrrr!
So glad Miss Martha and Molly are getting along - they are cute.

Francien said...

These pictures could be right out of a magazine Lizzie...you are a pro!!...and your garden is a dream-one..such beautiful flowers...but...i have got three favorite images...you know which ones!!
greetings Francien.

Ellen said...

Your garden is just marvelous & must be a great place to stop for a while and just drink in the beauty of nature. I'm sure it's alot of work as well, but this time of year must be when it all pays off! Thanks so much for sharing! Your new pupper is adorable!!

Rafael's Mum said...

Beautiful photos Lizzie and a wonderful garden too! And look at your new assistant gardener being still sooooo white, lol! Enjoy that till it rains and there are lots of muddy puddles.

Michele said...

Now THAT is what I call a garden! Do you do all of the gardening yourselves, or do you have professional help? More, more, more, puppy pics please. Michele

Country Girl said...

Brilliant photos! From the dogs to the dogwoods, nothing but beauty here, Lizzie!

Leanne said...

I loved the walk in your garden and your assistant is pretty special also.

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

You live in Paradise! Thank you for the visual feast!
kim

Catswhiskers said...

I am feeling better already just looking at your gorgeous gardem.
It is dark, dull and miserable weather here in the UK.
Thanks for sharing

Vireya said...

How beautiful it all is!

Your rose looks like a Lorraine Lea.

taylorsoutback said...

I will return again and again to visit your garden - glorious! And your dear little Gardener's Assistant is adorable...

We are at 21 degrees with a dusting of snow...by Thanksgiving night we will be at 7 degrees. Keep that garden gate unlocked!!
Thank you for sharing...

Esther said...

Hi Lizzie,
This is the place to be with a cup of coffee...scrolling through your LUSH garden wishing I was there in person.

Great pics. The only downside to this rain / sun cycle we have been lucky to (unseasonally) experience this year is the lawn growth. My poor DH. But the roses are not complaining.

Beautiful. Thank you.

Sue said...

Absolutely gorgeous pics of a gorgeous garden. Worth all that wetness in Winter ...and Spring. Wee Molly looks well settled in too.

sewcolorful said...

Oh I wish I was in your garden right now instead of the -35 degrees Celsius (-31F) that I am currently in. Your garden is lovely and it looks like Miss Martha and Molly are getting along splendidly.

Ozjane said...

Thank you for that walk. I love the pale aquilegia, and I have been given a dogwood to plant. Seduction is beautiful and my Lorraine Lee reaches for the sky also. I have missed out of holly hocks though. They are so lovely.
and as for those two beautiful 4 legged white ornamentals!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin